OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS, NS-V
MUMBAI CUSTOMS ZONE-II
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA SHEVA,
TAL:- URAN, DIST : RAIGAD. PIN – 400 707.
F. No. S/26-MISC-641/2018 Gr-VA
PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 157/2018
Subject- Provisions related to display of labelling to be displayed
Attention of the Importers, Exporters, General Trade and all other stakeholders is invited to PN 136/2018, issued on 08.10.2018.
2. Para 6 thereof provided that,” BIS does not permit the use of stickers for display of BIS Standard Mark on any of the products under its product certification scheme.” This sentence is deleted with immediate effect. Consequently, the clearance of goods covered by the RCR Order should not be disallowed merely because stickers have been affixed to the goods to display the Standard Mark.
3. Further, it is directed that the provisions of Electronics and Information Technology Goods (Requirements for Compulsory Registration) Amendment Order 2016 under F.No. 37(I)/2013-IPHW/(Pt.2) dated 10.02.2016 issued by Department of Electronics and Information and Technology (Deity)/ Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (Meity) may be followed. This Order provides inter alia that where the Standard Mark has not been affixed on the imported goods already having unique registration number from the BIS, such mark may be affixed by representative of the manufacturing unit having liaison office or branch office located in India, for clearance of goods from Customs.
4. In case of any difficulty, the specific issue may be brought to the notice of Deputy/Assistant Commissioner in charge of DC/AC Group.
5. Action to be taken in terms of decisions taken in this Public Notice should be considered as standing order for the purpose of officers and staff.
6. This issues with the approval of the Chief Commissioner, Zone-II, Mumbai Customs.
(R K MISHRA)
Commissioner of Customs,
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II, JNCH.
2. The Commissioner of Customs, NS-G/ NS-I/ NS-II / /NS-III/NS-IV / NS-V, JNCH.
3. All Additional / Joint Commissioners of Customs, JNCH.
4. All Deputy / Assistant Commissioner of Customs, JNCH.
5. All Sections / Groups of NS-G, NS-I, NS-II / NS-III/ NS-IV / NS-V, JNCH.
6. Representative of BCBA / FIEO for information and circulation among their members for information.
7. AC/DC, EDI for uploading on JNCH website immediately.