MINISTRY OF COMMERCE & INDUSTRY
(Department of Commerce)
(DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF FOREIGN TRADE)
Subject: Allocation of additional quantity of 3675.13 MT (raw/refined) Sugar to UK under TRQ scheme for the year 2020-21.
F.No. 01/91/180/879/AM-08/EC (Vol.VIII) /E-20749.—In exercise of the powers conferred under Paragraphs 2.04 of the Foreign Trade Policy, 2015-2020, the Director General of Foreign Trade hereby allocates additional quantity of 3675.13 Metric Ton of Raw/Refined Sugar, under Tariff Rate Quota (TRQ) to UK for the year 2020-21 (Upto September 30, 2021).
2. As per Notification No. 3/2015-20 dated 20.04.2015, export of sugar (HS Code 17010000) to UK under TRQ is ‘Free’ subject to the conditions notified in the ‘Nature of Restrictions’ in the above notification.
3. Certificate of Origin, if required, for preferential export of sugar to UK, shall be issued by Additional Director General of Foreign Trade, Mumbai. Other certification requirement, if any, prescribed specifically for export of sugar to UK would continue to be followed.
4. The quota will be operated by Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA), New Delhi as the implementing agency for export of TRQ items to UK.
5. The reporting requirement as notified vide Notification No. 3/2015-20 dated 20.04.2015, read with Notification No. 20 dated 07.09.2015 would be followed.
6. This additional quantity of TRQ sugar of 3675.13 MT is beyond EU CXL sugar quota of 10,000 MT during 2020-21 notified by DGFT vide Public Notice 14/2015-20 dated 21.07.2020.
7. Effect of this Public Notice:
The additional quantity of raw/refined sugar 3675.13 MT to be exported to UK under TRQ upto 30.09.2021 is notified.
AMIT YADAV, Director General of Foreign Trade
& Ex-officio Secy.,