The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) vide its publication of notification in Gazette of India dated 26th June, 2020 has specified the new form and procedure for filing the memorandum to be known as ‘UDYAM REGISTRATION’ with effect from 1st day of July, 2020.
Highlights of new process of MSME registration:
- The new process of MSME registration can be done online at www.udyamregistration.gov.in portal.
- The process will be completely online, paperless and based on self-declaration. There won’t be any requirement to upload documents, papers, certificates or proof.
- Adhaar Number will be required for registration.
- Udyam Registration Number will be allotted and Udyam Registration Certificate will be issued after successful registration of MSME under such portal. This certificate will have a dynamic QR Code from which the web page on our Portal and details about the enterprise can be accessed.
- There will be no need for renewal of Registration.
- PAN and GST linked details on investment and turnover of enterprises will be taken automatically from the respective Government databases.
- The new online system of Ministry will be fully integrated with Income Tax and GSTIN systems.
- Those who have EM-II or UAM registration or any other registration issued by any authority under the Ministry of MSME, will also have to re-register themselves under this new portal.
- All enterprises registered till 30th June, 2020, shall be re-classified in accordance with this notification.
- The existing enterprises registered prior to 30th June, 2020, shall continue to be valid only for a period up to the 31st day of March, 2021.
- No enterprise is supposed to file more than one Udyam Registration. However, any number of activities including manufacturing or service or both may be specified or added in one Registration.
- Government’s facilitation mechanism in the name of ‘Single Window Systems’ at Champions Control Rooms will facilitate registration process and handholding of MSMEs and DICs will act as ‘Single Window Facilitation Systems’ and help people in their Districts.
- There will be no fee for filing Udyam Registration.
Ministry has expressed confidence that this process will be extremely simple, seamless and entrepreneur friendly. It will set an example in Ease of Doing Business, not only in India but internationally. It will reduce transaction time and costs. Entrepreneurs and Enterprises can focus on their real work and become globally competitive.
At the same time, looking to some private websites projecting as Government website, Ministry has clarified that except this portal of Government of India (www.udyamregistration.gov.in) and Government’s Single Window Facilitation Systems, no other private online or offline system, service, agency or person is authorized or entitled to do MSME Registration or undertake any activity related with that process.