MINISTRY OF LABOUR AND EMPLOYMENT
New Delhi, the 27th February, 2017
S.O. 640(E).—Whereas, the use of Aadhaar as identity document for delivery of services or benefits or subsidies simplifies the Government delivery processes, brings in transparency and efficiency, and enables beneficiaries to get their entitlements directly in a convenient and seamless manner and Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity;
And whereas, the Scheme of “Stipend to Persons with Disabilities defined under the Right of Person With Disabilities (RPwD) Act, 2016 under the Scheme of National Career Services Centres for Differently Abled (Erstwhile Vocational Rehabilitation Centre for Handicapped)” (herein after referred to as the Scheme) involves expenditure from the Consolidated Fund of India;
Now, therefore in pursuance of the provisions of the section 7 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 (18 of 2016) (hereinafter referred to as the said Act), the Central Government hereby notifies the following, namely:—
1. (1) An individual eligible to receive the benefit under the Scheme is hereby required to furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar number or undergo Aadhaar authentication.
(2) All such eligible beneficiaries entitled to receive benefit under the Scheme, who do not possess Aadhaar Number or are not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, but are desirous of availing benefit under the Scheme are hereby required to make application for Aadhaar enrolment by 27thFebruary, 2017, provided he or she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per section 3 of the said Act and such individuals may visit any Aadhaar enrolment centre (list available at uidai.gov.in) to get enrolled for Aadhaar.
(3) As per regulation 12 of Aadhaar (Enrolment and Update) Regulations, 2016, the Ministry of Labour and Employment through Deputy Director or Assistant Director (Employment) which requires an individual to furnish Aadhaar is required to offer enrolment facilities for the beneficiaries who are not yet enrolled for Aadhaar and in case there is no Aadhaar enrolment centre located in the respective Block or Taluka or Tehsil, the Ministry of Labour and Employment through Deputy Director or Assistant Director (Employment) is required to provide enrolment facilities at convenient locations in coordination with the existing Registrars of Unique Identification Authority of India or by becoming Unique Identification Authority of India Registrar themselves :
Provided that, till the Aadhaar is assigned to such beneficiary of the Scheme, benefit under the Scheme shall be given to such individual, subject to the production of the following identification documents, namely:—
(a) (i) If he or she has enrolled, his or her Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip; or
(ii) a copy of his or her request made for Aadhaar enrolment, as specified in sub-paragraph (2) of
paragraph 2 below; and
(b) (i) Voter ID card issued by the Election Commission of India; or (ii) Permanent Account Number Card issued by the Income Tax Department; or (iii) Passport; or (iv) Driving License issued by Licensing authority under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 (59 of 1988); or (v) Certificate of Identity having photo issued by the Gazetted officer or Tehsildar on an official letter head; or (vi) Address card having Name and Photo issued by the Department of Posts; or (vii) Kisan Photo Passbook; or (viii) any other document as specified by the State Government or Union territory Administration :
Provided further that the above documents shall be checked by the Deputy Director or the Assistant Director (Employment) designated by Ministry of Labour and Employment for that purpose.
2. In order to provide convenient and hassle free benefit under the Scheme to the beneficiaries, the Ministry of Labour and Employment through the Deputy Director or the Assistant Director (Employment) shall make all the required arrangements including following, namely:-
(1) Wide publicity through media and individual notices through the Deputy Director or the Assistant Director (Employment) shall be given to beneficiaries of Scheme to make them aware of the requirement of Aadhaar under the Scheme and they may be advised to get themselves enrolled at the nearest enrolment centres available in their areas by 27thFebruary, 2017 in case they are not already enrolled and the list of locally available enrolment centres shall be made available to them.
(2) In case, beneficiaries of the Scheme are not able to enrol due to non-availability of enrolment centres in the near vicinity such as in the Block or Tehsil or Taluka, the Ministry of Labour and Employment through the Deputy Director or the Assistant Director (Employment) is required to provide enrolment facilities at convenient locations in coordination with the existing Registrars of Unique Identification Authority of India or by becoming Unique Identification Authority of India Registrar themselves and the beneficiaries of the Scheme may register their request for enrolment by giving their name, address, mobile number and other details specified in the proviso to sub-paragraph (3) of paragraph 1 with the Deputy Director or the Assistant Director (Employment) of Ministry of Labour and Employment or through the web portal provided for the purpose.
(3) This notification shall come into effect from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette in all States and Union territories except the States of Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu and Kashmir.
[F. No. DGE-M-2501 5/1/2017/DBT-Aadhaar Notification]
PRAVIN SRIVASTAVA, Dy. Director General (Employment)