CBDT further extends the ‘due-date’ for filing of Income-tax Returns/Tax Audit Reports for the Assessment year 2019-20 as specified in section 139 (1) of the Act to 31st March, 2020 in the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir and Union Territory of Ladakh.
F. No. 225/306/2019-ITA- II
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Direct Tax
North Block, ITA-II Division
New Delhi, the 23rd March, 2020
Order under Section 119 of the Income-tax Act, 1961
On consideration of reports of disturbances in internet facility in certain areas of Jammu and Kashmir, the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), in exercise of powers conferred under section 119 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (‘Act’) and in partial modification of CBDT’s order under section 119 of the Act dated 23.07.2019, 27.09.2019, 31.10.2019 and 24.12.2019 hereby further extends the ‘due-date’ for filing of Income-tax Returns/Tax Audit Reports for the Assessment year 2019-20 as specified in section 139 (1) of the Act to 31st March, 2020 in respect of all categories of income-tax assessees after 31.01.2020 till the date of issuance of this order shall be deemed to have been filed within the due date specified under section 139(1) of the Act read with CBDT’s order section 119 of the Act as referred in para above.
under Secretary to the Government of India
Copy to: –
1. PS to FM/OSD to FM/PS to MoS (R)
2. PS to Finance/Revenue Secretary.
3. Chairmen (CBDT) & All Members of CBDT
4. All Pr. CCsIT/CCsIT/Pr. DsGIT/DsGIT
5. All Joint Secretaries/CsIT, CBDT.
6. Directors/Deputy Secretaries/Under Secretaries of CBDT.
7. ADG (Systems)-4 with a request to place the order on official income-tax website.
8. CIT (M&TP), Official Spokesperson of CBDT with a request to publicise widely.
9. Addl. CIT, Data Base Cell for placing it on irsofficersonline website.
10. The Institute of Charted Accountants of India, IP Estate, New Delhi.
11. All Chambers of Commerce.