Have you received TDS Certificates from all your Customers? If not, you can follow up for the TDS Certificates by sending mails automatically to your Customers by following the procedure mentioned below:
1. Download the latest 26AS in Excel Form and edit the same so that each line item credit has a corresponding PAN Number and Party Name as per the requirement of WorkSheet ‘Edited 26AS’ in the Excel Sheet ‘TDS Certificate Follow Up’ – Attached (Mandatory Fields: TAN Number and Transaction Date)
2. From you database of TDS Certificates already received from the Customers, copy and paste the relevant details into the WorkSheet ‘TDS Cert Receipt Status’ (Mandatory Fields: TAN Number and Quarter)
3. Copy and paste the Fields TAN Number and Name of the Party from the WorkSheet ‘Edited 26AS’ into a new Excel Sheet and Remove all duplicates by selecting the Field TAN Number. Copy and Paste this unique TAN Number data base in the WorkSheet ‘Sending Mails for Non Receipt’ alongwith the Names of the company.
4. Write/Vlookup the E-mail Addresses of the Customers corresponding to their Name and TAN Number in Column C of the WorkSheet ‘Sending Mails for Non Receipt’
5. Open the Word Document ‘Mail Merge for TDS Certificate Follow up’ – Attached. You can change the Content of the mail as per your requirement. Click Yes to the Prompt ‘Opening this document will run the following SQL Command’
6. You can also preview all the Mails by Clicking on Tab: Mailings – Finish & Merge – Edit Individual Documents.
7. Now to send the mail/s, click on the Tab: Mailings – Finish & Merge – Send E-mail Messages – Change the Subject line as per your requirement and click on OK
8. A Follow up mail will be sent to all the Customers from whom you have not received TDS Certificates; listing the Quarters for which you have not received the TDS Certificates.
1. No mail will be sent to Customers from whom you have received the TDS Certificates.
2. Do not use Cut. Instead use Copy/Paste/Delete options in the Excel Sheet.
3. Sample Data is put in the Excel File which can be deleted
4. For making changes in the Excel Sheet – the Word file should be first closed otherwise you will not be allowed to make changes.
(CA Manita Verma E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)