Indirect taxation has seen its biggest reform with the introduction of Goods and Service Tax Act. India is heading towards digitization and introduction of Goods and Service Tax is the biggest example of the same. Various procedure like registration, return filing, preparation of payment challan, refund etc. has been made online under Goods and Service Tax.
Current article highlights the steps to be followed, online, in order to apply for GST registration.
1. Visit site https://www.gst.gov.in/.
2. Navigate path Services > Registration > New Registration.
3. After selecting a new registration, a new dialog box will appear and the same contains part A of FORM GST REG – 01.
4. Following details are to be filled in part A of FORM GST REG – 01 –
5. On clicking the proceed button, One Time Password (OTP) would be generated and sent to both an e-mail address and mobile number, as mentioned above, for verification of the same.
6. On completing the verification, Application Reference Number (ARN) would be generated and received through e-mail and the mobile number provided.
7. By using Application Reference Number, part B of FORM REG-01 needs to be filled up.
8. Part B of FORM REG-01 contains business details like –
After providing all the above information, click on SAVE & CONTINUE option.
9. Next screen would be of details of promoter / partners. Following details need to be provided of a proprietor, partners, designator partners or directors, as the case may be –
Relevant identity proof and photograph need to be uploaded and it needs to be mentioned whether the said person is an authorized signatory or not.
10. Next step would be providing details of principal place of business.
11. Under the next screen, details of top 5 goods / commodities supplied by the business along with HSN code needs to be provided.
12. Next comes bank account details –
13. Once all the details are furnished and documents attached, the applicant needs to select the name of authorized signatory from the drop-down list and enter the name of the place from where the form is being filed.
14. Lastly, the form needs to be duly signed using Digital Signature Certificate or needs to be verified through electronic verification code (EVC).
It must be noted that application needs to be mandatory signed using a digital signature in case of LLP and companies.