Government of India
Department of Commerce
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
Udyog Bhavan, New Delhi-110011
Policy Circular No. 08 (RE-2007)/2004-2009
Dated 30th August, 2007
All Licensing Authorities,
Subject:- Procedure to be followed for deciding eligibility and level of cut in entitlement on applications filed beyond the due date subsequent to Public Notice No.16 dated 10.7.2007.
References have been received from various Regional Authorities regarding the procedure to be followed for deciding the eligibility and the level of cut in entitlement to be imposed on applications received after due date subsequent to Public Notice No.16 dated 10.7.2007.
2. The matter has been examined and it is clarified that the amended provisions of Para 9.3 of Hand Book of Procedures Vol.I shall be applied in the following manner:
(1) Applications which have not been submitted earlier and are now eligible with late cut may be considered with 2% or 5% cut, as the case may be in terms of amended para 9.3 of HBP.
(2) (i) All time barred, pending or rejected applications which were filed after six months from the expiry of prescribed last date of submission of application, but are now within 12 months of the expiry of last date of submission of application should be processed with 5% late cut.
(ii) In all pending cases filed within six months from the last date of submission with 10% cut, the entitlement should be issued with 2% cut.
(iii) Similarly in all cases where entitlement was issued after 10.7.2007, requests for enhancement be considered depending on the 2% or as the case may be, 5% cut to be applied.
However, all the cases should be processed only after obtaining/submission of prescribed fees for the revised entitlement.
(3) Those cases, where benefit has already been granted with applicable late cut etc. on or before 10.07.2007, shall not be re-opened and no request for enhancement etc. will be considered.
3. This issues with the approval of competent authority.
Joint Director General of Foreign Trade
(Issued from File No. 01/94/162/O.H.Kanpur/AM08/PC-I