OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (NS-I, III & V),
APPRAISING MAIN (IMPORT),
JAWAHAR LAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA- SHEVA, TAL-URAN,
(e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org; Telephone No.022-27244979)
F.No. S/22-Gen-402/2017-18/ AM(I) Pt.I
Date : 12/12/2019
Public Notice No. 111/2019
Subject: – Mandatory uploading of specified supporting documents and mention of document code and IRN in Bills of Entry (BoE)–reg.
Attention of importers, customs brokers, departmental officers and all other stakeholders is invited to the CBIC circular No. 42/2019-Customs dated 29.11.2019 on the subject matter ‘Mandatory uploading of specified supporting documents and mention of document code and IRN in Bills of Entry’.
2. Reference is invited to Bill of Entry (Electronic Integrated Declaration and Paperless Processing) Regulations, 2018 [notified vide Notification No 36/2018-Cus (NT) dated 11.05.2018]. In the said regulations, “Supporting documents” have been defined under Regulation 2(g) as documents in the electronic form or otherwise, which are relevant to the assessment of the imported goods under Section 17 and 46 of the Customs Act, 1962.
3. Reference is also invited to various Board’s Circulars issued in relation to eSANCHIT on imports. The brief details are given in the following table:
|S. No.||Circular No.||Date||Details of the Circular|
|1||40/2017-Cus||13.10.2017||Pilot implementation of paperless processing under SWIFT|
|2||35/2018-Cus||01.10.2018||Advisory circular regarding registration of beneficiaries on ICEGATE|
|3||44/2018-Cus read with Corrigendum circular no.
47/2018-Cus dated 27.11.2018 13/2019-Cus 19/2019-Cus
|13.11.2018 03.06.2019 16.07.2019||Implementation of PGA eSANCHIT [uploading of Licenses /Permits /Certificates /Other Authorizations (LPCOs) by PGAs]|
|4||14/2019-Cus||03.06.2019||Simplified auto registration of beneficiaries (IEC holders) on ICEGATE for eSANCHIT and other benefits|
4. Currently, on the import side, uploading of at least one document on e-Sanchit is mandatory for every Bill of Entry. This is now being modified to mandatorily uploading on eSANCHIT, for every Bill of Entry, Invoice/ Invoice cum packing list and Transport Contract i.e. Bill of Lading/ Airway bill etc., as the case may be. Directorate of Systems have issued Advisory No. 25/2019 dated (web link) laying down requirement of mandatory uploading on e-Sanchit, the Invoice/ Invoice cum packing list and Bill of Lading/ Airway bill etc. for every Bill of Entry and subsequent declaration of document code and IRNs in the Bill of Entry. The coding scheme developed by Directorate of Systems is given under:
|S. No.||Document Type||Name of the Document||Document Code|
|I.||INVOICE (One of the two) – for every invoice|
|2||Invoice cum Packing List||331000|
|II||TRANSPORT CONTRACT (One of the below) – for every Bill of Lading / Airway Bill in the IGM|
|1||Master Bill of Lading||704000|
|2||House Bill of Lading||714000|
|3||Bill of Lading||705000|
|5||Tanker Bill of Lading||709000|
|6||Sea Way Bill (Non Negotiable)||710000|
|7||Inland Waterway Bill of Lading||711000|
|9||Master air waybill||741000|
|10||Way Bill (Non
With effect from 02.12.2019, for every Invoice and Bill of Lading / Airway Bill declared in the Bill of Entry, the reference of IRN generated from eSANCHIT with the relevant document code as given above must be provided. The reference of the above document codes from eSanchit in the Bills of Entry has been made mandatory in System.
5. As regards all the other supporting documents (such as Country of Origin Certificate (COO), license/ permission from any Government Agency (PGA) in relation to the eligibility for import / clearances or claim of duty exemption), it is emphasised that to make Customs duty truly paperless, uploading of these documents through eSANCHIT either by beneficiary or by PGAs, should be ensured administratively. Therefore, the field offices must ensure that no physical copy of any supporting document is submitted and every relevant document is submitted only electronically via eSanchit either by the beneficiary or by the Participating Government Agency. DG (Systems) would also enforce the same in due course.
6. In case of any difficulty, the specific issue may be brought to the notice of the Deputy/Assistant Commissioner of Customs in charge of Appraising Main (Import), NS-I, through email address: email@example.com
7. Action to be taken in terms of decisions taken in this Public Notice should be considered as standing order for the purpose of officers and staff.
(SUNIL KUMAR MALL)
Commissioner of Customs (NS-I).
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II, JNCH.
2. The Commissioner of Customs, NS-G/ NS-I/ NS-II / NS Audit / NS-V, JNCH.
3. All Additional / Joint Commissioners of Customs, JNCH.
4. All Deputy / Assistant Commissioner of Customs, JNCH.
5. All Sections / Groups of NS-G, NS-I, NS-II / NS-III/ NS-Audit / NS-V, JNCH.
6. Representative of BCBA / FIEO for information and circulation among their members for information.
7. AC/DC, EDI for uploading on JNCH website immediately.