File No. RW/G-23012/01/2019-W&A(Pt.III)
Government of India
Ministry of Road Transport & Highways
Transport Bhawan, 1, Parliament Street, New Delhi – 110001
Dated the 09th February, 2021
1. The Principal Secretaries/ Secretaries of all States/ UTs Public Works Department dealing with National Highways, other centrally sponsored schemes.
2. All Engineers-in-Chief and Chief Engineers of Public Works Departments of States/ UTs dealing with National Highways and other centrally sponsored schemes.
Ref: (i). Ministry’s letter of even no. dated 15.01.2021.
(ii). Ministry’s Letter of even no. dated 09.02.2021.
Please refer to Ministry’s letters of even no. cited under reference (i) and (ii), vide which it has been decided to include Incident Management Services (IMS) on National Highways (NHs) entrusted with State Governments/UTs as part of Contract for all new projects of development and PR/IRQP works as well as Medium Term Maintenance Contracts of 3 years or more.
2. Detailed Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for road incident management is enclosed at Annexure-I.
For medium term (3 years or more) maintenance of NHs entrusted with State Governments/ UTs, the provisions of IMS contained herein this SOP shall be applicable apart from those for incident management already covered in IRC:SP:124-2019 (Model Contract for Maintenance of Roads (Based on Single Percentage Rate)).
3. All incident management services shall be integrated with the helpline no. 1033. Concerned Regional Officer of MoRTH, after getting all the relevant details, shall coordinate with IHMCL for integrating the incident management services on the concerned NH section with 1033.
4. Criteria for estimation of rates and quantity of usage of IMS have been enclosed at Annexure-II for guidance purpose for invitation of bids.
5. This issues with the approval of Competent Authority.
Enclosure: As above
Executive Engineer (Planning)
Copy for kind information and necessary action to:
1. The Chairman, National Highways Authority of India, G-5a6, Sector-10, Dwarka, New Delhi-110075.
2. The Managing Director, NHIDCL, PTI Building, New Delhi-110001
3. All CEs in the Ministry of Road Transport Et Highways
4. All ROs of the Ministry of Road Transport Et Highways
5. The Secretary General, Indian Roads Congress
6. Technical circular file of SEtR (PUB) Section
7. NIC-for uploading on Ministry’s website under “What’s New”
Copy for information to:
1. PS to Hon’ble Minister (RTaH)
2. PS to Hon’ble MOS (RTEtH)
3. Sr. PPS to Secretary (RTEtH)
4. Sr. PPS to DG (RD) a SS
5. Sr. PPS to ASEtFA
6. Sr. PPS to Pr. CCA, MoRTEtH
7. Sr. PPS / PPS / PS to ADG-I/II/III/IV
8. Sr. PPS / PPS / PS to JS (H)/ JS (NHIDCL)/ JS (Toll) / JS (LAEtC)