CP/X1(6)/144/( Prohibitory Order)/2020
TILE COMMISSIONER OF POLICE, GREATER MUMBAI
(UNDER SECTON 144 OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE CODE, 1973)
Mumbai Police issue prohibitory orders under Sec 144 banning assembly of 5 or more persons from 22.12.2020 to 5.1.2021
WHEREAS, in exorcise of powers, conferred under Section 2 of the Epidemic Disease Act, 1897, read with all other enabling provisions of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, the Government of Maharashtra, issued directions vide notification no. DMU/2020/CR 92/DisM-I, Dated : 21st December, 2020 to lake certain emergency measures to prevent and contain the spread of COVID-19 virus, Night Curfew (11.00 pm. to 6.00 a.m.) will he in force from 22″d December 2020 till 5th January 2021 in all the limits of the Muncipal Corporation of the State.
WHEREAS, in the aforementioned notification, Government of Maharashtra issued direction that the guidelines issued vide order dated 30th September, 2020, 1411 October, 2020, 23rd October, 2020, 29`T. October. 2020. 3rd November 2020. 14th November 2020, 23″I November 2020 and 27th November 2020 to Operationalize MISSION BEGIN AGAIN for easing of restrictions and phase-wise, opening, will remain in force till 05th January, 2021 for containment of COVID-19 epidemic;
3. WHEREAS. in the aforementioned notification the Government of Maharashtra has directed that the activities already allowed and permitted from time to time shall be continued and all earliar order shall be aligned with that order and shall remain in force up to 05° January, 2021.
4. THEREFORE, I, Dr. Shivaji Rathod, Dy. Commissioner of Police (Operations), Greater Mumbai and Executive Magistrate, ‘side powers conferred upon me u/sec 144 of the Criminal Procedure Code, 1973 (Act 11 of 1974) r/w the Commissioner of Police Greater Mumbai’s Order dated 23/12/1959 u/s 10 sub section (2) of the Maharashtra Police Act., 1951 (Mah. Act XXII of 1951), with a view to prevent danger to human life, health or safety, do hereby, promulgate an order under section 144 Cr.PC, in the areas under the control of Commissioner of Police, Greater Mumbai to maintain the Social Distancing Norms (minimum of 6 feet of distance), use of face coverings and to observe the directions issued by The Government of Maharashtra vide Order No.DMU/2020/CR.92/DisM-1, Dated: 30/09/2020, No. DMU/2020/CR.92/DisM-1, Dated: 14/10/2020. Order No.DMU/2020/CR.92/DisM-1, Dated : 29/10/2020, No. DMU/2020/CR 92/DisM-1, Dated : 27th November, 2020 and DMU/2020/CR 92/DisM-1, Dated : 21″ December, 2020 regarding Easing of Restrictions and Phase-wise opening of Lockdown (MISSION BEGIN AGAIN), Night Curfew (11.00 p.m. to 6.00 a.m.) will be in force from 22″d December 2020 till 5th January 2021 within the limits of Greater Mumbai Muncipal Corporation during this Night Curfew. Assembly of 5 or more persons will be prohibited and such other orders issued by the competent authorities in this behalf. This order will include all exemptions provided to essential services and goods in past orders issued by the Goverment of Maharashtra and Greater Mumbai Municipal Corporation from time to time.
5. The Zonal DCsP in emergent /special cases are empowered to grant exemption / permission.
6. This order shall come into force, in the areas under the control of Commissioner of Police, Greater Mumbai, with effect from 00.01 hours on 22/12/2020 and ending at 24.00 hours on 05/01/2021 unless withdrawn earlier.
7. Any person contravening this order shall be punishable under section 188 of the Indian Penal Code, 1860 in addition to penal provisions under Disaster Management Act, 2005 and with other legal provisions as applicable.
8. As the notice can not be served individually on all concerned, the order is hereby passed ex-perte. It shall be published for the information of public, through press, or by affixing copies on the Notice Boards of the police stations, Divisional ACsP, Zonal DCsP.
Give under my hand and seal this on 22nd day of the December, 2020 at Mumbai.
Office of the
Commissioner of Police,
(Dr. Shivaji Rathod.)
Dy. Commissioner of Police (Operations),
and Executive Magistrate