Securities and Exchange Board of India
June 04, 2020
All Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs)
All Venture Capital Funds (VCFs)
Dear Sir / Madam,
Sub: Relaxation in compliance with requirements pertaining to AIFs and VCFs
1. In light of market events due to CoVID-19 pandemic, SEBI, vide Circular No. SEBI/HO/IMD/DF1/CIR/P/2020/58, dated March 30, 2020, extended the due date for regulatory filings for AIFs and VCFs for the periods ending March 31, 2020 and April 30, 2020.
2. A need has been felt to further extend the timelines for regulatory filings for AIFs and VCFs.
3. Accordingly, AIFs and VCFs may submit the regulatory filings for the months ending March, April, May and June 2020, as applicable, on or before August 07, 2020.
4. This Circular is issued in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 and shall come into force with immediate effect.
5. This Circular is available on SEBI website at www.sebi.gov.in under the categories “Legal Framework” and under the drop down “Circulars” and “Info for – Alternative Investment Funds”.
Sanjay Singh Bhati
Deputy General Manager
Tel no.: +91-22-26449222