November 03, 2016
All Scheduled Commercial Banks
(Excluding Regional Rural Banks)
Issue of Rupee Denominated Bonds overseas
Please refer to A.P. (DIR Series) Circular No.14 dated November 03, 2016 on issue of rupee denominated bonds overseas by Indian banks.
2. We advise that banks are permitted to raise funds through issuance of rupee denominated bonds overseas for the following purposes:
- Perpetual Debt Instruments (PDI) qualifying for inclusion as Additional Tier 1 capital under the extant Basel III Capital Regulations prescribed vide circular Ref. DBR.No.BP.BC.1/21.06.201/2015-16 dated July 1, 2015, as amended from time to time;
- Debt capital instruments qualifying for inclusion as Tier 2 capital under the extant Basel III Capital Regulations prescribed vide circular Ref. DBR.No.BP.BC.1/21.06.201/2015-16 dated July 1, 2015 as amended from time to time;
- Financing of infrastructure and affordable housing in terms of instructions contained in circular Ref. DBOD.BP.BC.No.25/08.12.014/2014-15 dated July 15, 2014 on Issue of Long Term Bonds by Banks – Financing of Infrastructure and Affordable Housing, as amended from time to time.
3. The issuances as above shall be subject to all applicable prudential norms and FEMA guidelines.
(Ajay Kumar Choudhary)
Chief General Manager