Ans. Yes, you can cancel a OTC Challan which is not paid from the Challan History. Navigate to Services > Payments > Challan History to cancel such OTC Challan.
Ans. No. Once a Challan is cancelled, payment cannot be initiated for it.
How can I cancel the OTC Challan after logging to the GST Portal?
To cancel the OTC Challan after logging to the GST Portal, perform the following steps:
1. Access the https://www.gst.gov.in/ URL. The GST Home page is displayed.
2. Login to the GST Portal with valid credentials.
3. Click the Services > Payments > Challan History command.
4. Select the date range in the From and To date fields using the calendar. Or, Select the Search by CPIN in case you want to cancel the OTC challan through the CPIN.
5. Click the Cancel Button.
6. You need to ensure that no payment is made against the OTC Challan. Click the PROCEED button.
Notice that the Status of the OTC Challan is changed to Cancelled.