Introduction: The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) has made a significant announcement for students who took part in the June 2023 session of CS examinations. This initiative is to improve transparency and foster trust among the student community.
1. Facility Overview:
ICSI ensures a transparent examination process. Hence, they offer candidates the ability to inspect or obtain certified copies of their answer books. This service aligns with the set Guidelines, Rules, and Procedures outlined by the Institute.
2. Application Method and Timeline:
Online Mode Only: ICSI simplifies the process by mandating online applications. This can be done via the dedicated link provided by the Institute.
Duration: The online facility will be active from 26th August, 2023 (00:01 hrs) until 24th September, 2023 (24:00 hrs).
3. Fee Structure:
4. Guidelines & Rules:
Accessible here, the guidelines emphasize several key aspects:
5. Inspection Details:
Candidates opting for inspection need to personally visit the ICSI Noida Office located at C-37, Sector-62, Institutional Area, Gautam Budh Nagar, Noida 201309.
ICSI’s latest initiative to offer inspection or certified copies of answer books showcases its commitment to transparency and fairness in the evaluation process. It’s imperative for students to adhere strictly to the guidelines and utilize this facility wisely. The answer books, after all, offer invaluable insights into one’s performance, helping pave the way for future success in the realm of Company Secretaries in India.
THE INSTITUTE OF COMPANY SECRETARIES OF INDIA
PROVIDING INSPECTION OR SUPPLY OF CERTIFIED COPY (IES) OF ANSWER BOOK(S) OF CS EXAMINATIONS – JUNE, 2023 SESSION
The Institute has been providing the facility of Inspection or Supply of Certified Copies of Answer Book(s) to the candidates on their request as per Guidelines, Rules and Procedures framed by the Institute in this regard.
A candidate who wishes to Inspect* and/or obtain Certified Copy(ies) of his/her Answer Book(s) of any subject(s) of a particular examination, can apply through on-line mode as per the prescribed procedure within 30 days from the date of declaration of the result.
The on-line facility for applying for Inspection or supply of Certified Copies of Answer Book(s) will be operative from Saturday, the 26th August, 2023 from 00:01 hrs till Sunday the 24th September, 2023 up to 24:00 hrs.
The prescribed fee for supply of Certified Copy (ies) of Answer Book(s) is Rs. 500/-per subject and fee for Inspection* of Answer Book(s) is Rs. 450/- per subject. The last date of submitting applications is 24th September, 2023.
The candidate should apply for Inspection or supply of Certified Copy (ies) of Answer Book(s) thro’ online mode only. The interested candidates can access the following link:
The “Guidelines, Rules and Procedures for Providing Inspection and/or Supply of Certified
Copy (ies) of Answer Book(s) to students” are available on the website of the Institute under
Examination Section at the link given below:
*[For Inspection, the candidates shall be required to personally visit ICSI Noida Office at C-37, Sector-62, Institutional Area, Gautam Budh Nagar, Noida 201309 to inspect his/her answer book (s).]
Directorate of Examinations
GUIDELINES FOR PROVIDING INSPECTION OR SUPPLY OF CERTIFIED COPY(IES) OF ANSWER BOOK(S) TO STUDENTS
(As amended by the Council in its 299th meeting held on 23rd and 24th August, 2023)
1. These Guidelines, Rules and Procedures for providing inspection and/or supply of certified copy(ies) of Answer Book(s) to students be applicable from June, 2011 session of Examinations onwards as amended from time to time. Under these guidelines, a student can seek Inspection and/or Supply of Certified Copy(ies) of his/her evaluated Answer Book(s).
2. A Student who wishes to inspect and/or obtain certified copy(ies) of his/her Answer Book(s) of any subject(s) of a particular Examination shall apply on-line through Student log-in on the ICSI portal using the prescribed Application form together with requisite fee within thirty days (30 days) from the date of Declaration of the result.
3. A Student who has accessed his/her Answer Book(s) of any subject/s of a particular Examination under the RTI Act, 2005 and wishes to address his/her grievances in respect of any error(s) or inconsistency in valuation of Answer Books, if any, should apply using prescribed Application Form together with the requisite fee for Verification of Marks under Regulation 42(2) of CS Regulations 1982 through Student log-in on the ICSI Portal within 60 days from the date of Declaration of Result or 15 days from accessing of the Answer Book(s) as made available to the Candidate by the Institute, whichever is earlier.
4. Fee of X500 per subject/Answer Books is payable for supply of certified copy(ies) of Answer Book(s) and X450 per Answer Book for providing inspection thereof respectively.
5. Application form without requisite fee and supporting documents and missing complete particulars, as mentioned in para 2 & para 3, shall not be entertained.
6. Before providing inspection and/or supplying certified copy(ies) of Answer Book(s) to a student on his/her request, if it is noticed that answer(s) to any sub-question(s)/question(s) of his/her Answer Book(s) has/have inadvertently remained unevaluated or there is some posting or totaling error, the Institute would rectify such omission and commission and communicate the revised marks/result to the student. However, it may be noted that re-evaluation of answers is not permissible under Regulation 42(2).
7. The inspection done and/or certified copies of the Answer Books supplied to the Student shall be for his/her exclusive self-inspection/ personal reference, guidance and solely be used for the bona fide educational purposes by the applicant student and same shall not be used for any legal purposes. Under no circumstance, the Answer Book(s) so supplied under these guidelines shall be made available or put up for review in public domain to any other person or put up for view in public domain. Sharing copy of Answer Book(s) or part thereof to any other person or in public domain/social media, etc. and/or making comments publicly on evaluation of Answer Book(s) are strictly prohibited and such instances will be viewed seriously.
8. No other person except the student concerned would be allowed to inspect his/her Answer Book(s) on the designated date and time as communicated by the Institute. Similarly, on receipt of certified copy (ies) of the Answer Book(s), the applicant student shall be the sole custodian of it and he/she shall not part with the custody/possession of the same and shall not use the same for any other purpose(s).
9. If any error is found at any point of time as provided in Para 6 above, the Institute shall have suo moto power to rectify the same.
10. Any act of violation of any instruction, as above, shall be the misconduct within the ambit of CS Regulations, 1982 as is in force and liable for strict actions.
11. The students should submit the following Declaration along with Application Form for Certified Copies and/or Inspection of answer book(s):
“I hereby declare that:
i. I am a bona fide student of the Institute and the above Answer Book(s) belong to me. In case, any particulars or statement is found to be false, the Institute may take appropriate action against me, as deemed fit.
ii. I have read and understood the clauses of prescribed guidelines, rules and procedures for providing inspection and/or supply of certified copy(ies) of Answer Book(s) and shall abide by the same. In case of any error/ inconsistency /query/grievance, I shall get in touch with the Institute for suitable clarification.
iii. I understand that the Answer Book(s) supplied to me are for my exclusive self-inspection/personal reference and guidance only. I also understand that the answer book(s) shall solely be used by me for my bona fide educational purposes and the same shall not be used for any legal purposes and I shall not make any comment(s) publicly on evaluation of Answer Book(s) at any public/ social medic, platform as the same are strictly prohibited and such instances will be viewed seriously by the Institute.
iv. I shall neither share my Answer Book(s) to any other person, nor in public domain/social media as the same is strictly prohibited and shall be misconduct within the ambit of CS Regulations, 1982 as is in force and liable for strict Action.”