The Form 26AS displays the various taxes deducted/paid on individual’s income from/through various sources. It includes details of,
♦ Advance Tax/ Self-Assessment Tax paid
♦ Regular Tax
♦ Tax Refund details for an Assessment Year, etc.
Perform the following steps to view or download the form:
1. Go to the Income Tax e-Filing portal, ‘www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in’
2. Login to e-Filing portal by entering user ID (PAN), Password, Captcha code and click ‘Login’.
3. Go to the ‘My Account’ menu, click ‘View Form 26AS (Tax Credit)’ link.
4. Read the disclaimer, click ‘Confirm’ and the user will be redirected to TDS-CPC Portal.
5. In the TDS-CPC Portal, Agree the acceptance of usage. Click ‘Proceed’.
6. Click on the link ‘View Tax Credit (Form 26AS)’
7. Select the ‘Assessment Year’ and ‘View As’ (HTML or Text)
8. Click ‘View / Download’