Section(s) Referred: 35 ,35(2A)
Statute: INCOME TAX
Date of Issue: 5/2/1981
It is hereby notified for general information that the following scientific research programme has been approved for the period specified below for the purposes of sub-section (2A) of section 35 of the Income-tax Act, 1961, by the Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi.
- Name of the scientific research “Study of pecureors (sic) of programme : Atheresclerosis in Children”.
- Sponsored at : Sir Hurkisendas Nurrotumdas Hospital Medical Research Society, Bombay.
- Sponsored by : 1. Shri C. U. Shah. 2. Shri Maneklal Vasa. 3. Shri Ishwarlal Gandhi and others C/o. Lyka Lab.
- Duration of project : Three years.
(i) Proposed date of commencement : 19th December, 1980.
(ii) Anticipated date of completion : 18th December, 1983.
- Estimated expenditure : (i) Equipment : Rs. 2,70,000 (ii) Staff : Rs. 5,84,000 (iii) Other items : Contingencies, Stationery, Printing, etc. Rs. 1,35,000 — Total Rs. 9,89,640 —
(Rs. Nine lakhs eighty-nine thousand six hundred and forty only.)
The approval for the above project will be subject to the following conditions :
- That the Society will maintain a separate account of the amounts received and expenditure incurred for this research project as distinct from the other expenditure of Sir H. N. Hospital Medical Research Society, Bombay.
- That the Society will furnish annual returns of this scientific research project to the Council by 31st May, each year, at the latest in such form as may be laid down and intimated to them for this purpose.
- That the Society will furnish a copy of the annual audited statement of accounts to the Council by 31st May, each year, and in addition send a copy of it to the concerned Income-tax Commissioner.
The Sir Hurkisendas Nurrotumdas Hospital Medical Research Society, has been approved under section 35(1)(ii) of the Income-tax Act, 1961, vide Ministry of Finance, Department of Revenue Notification No. 560 (F. No. 203/67/73-ITA. II) dated 15th February 1974.
[No. 3834/F. No. 103/271/80-ITA. II