CBDT directs that all the assessment orders shall hereafter be passed by National e-Assessment Centre through the Faceless Assessment Scheme, 2019, except as provided hereunder :- 1. Assessment orders in cases assigned to Central Charges. 2. Assessment orders in cases assigned to International Tax Charges.
F No. 187/3/2020-ITA-I
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
(Central Board of Direct Taxes)
North Block, New Delhi – 110001.
Dated the 13 August, 2020
Subject: Order under section 119 of the Income-tax Act, 1961
With the launch of various e-governance initiatives, Income-tax Department is moving toward total computerization of its work. This has led to a significant improvement in delivery of services and has also brought greater transparency in the functioning of the tax-administration.
2. In order to ensure that all the assessment orders are passed through the Faceless Assessment Scheme, 2019, the Board in exercise of powers under section 119 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 hereby directs that all the assessment orders shall hereafter be passed by National e-Assessment Centre through the Faceless Assessment Scheme, 2019, except as provided hereunder :-
1. Assessment orders in cases assigned to Central Charges.
2. Assessment orders in cases assigned to International Tax Charges.
3. Any assessment order which is not in conformity with Para-2 above, shall be treated as non-est and shall be deemed to have never been passed.
4. This order shall come into force with effect from the 13th day of August, 2020.
5. The Hindi version of this order shall follow.
Director to the Government of India
1. PS to FM/OSD to FM/PS to MoS (R)/OSD to MoS(R)
2. PS to Secretary(Finance)/(Revenue)
3. Chairman, CBDT 8s All Members, CBDT
4. All Principal Chief Commissioners of Income-tax / Principal Director Generals of Income-tax.
5. Chief Controller of Accounts, New Delhi
6. All Joint Secretaries/CsIT, CBDT
7. Web Manager, 0/o Pr.DGIT(Systems) with request to upload on the departmental website.
8. Commissioner of Income-tax (Media 86TP) and official Spokesperson, CBDT, New Delhi.
9. Secretary General, IRS Association/Secretary General, ITGOA/All India Income Tax SC 8s ST Employees’ Welfare Association/ Income Tax Employees Federation (ITEF).
10. JCIT, Data-Base Cell for uploading on irsofficersonline.org.
11. ADG (Systems)-4 for uploading on the website of Incometaxindia.gov.in
Source- Social Media and unverified
Disclaimer: The contents of this article are for information purposes only and do not constitute an advice or a legal opinion and are personal views of the author. It is based upon relevant law and/or facts available at that point of time and prepared with due accuracy & reliability. Readers are requested to check and refer relevant provisions of statute, latest judicial pronouncements, circulars, clarifications etc before acting on the basis of the above write up. The possibility of other views on the subject matter cannot be ruled out. By the use of the said information, you agree that Author / TaxGuru is not responsible or liable in any manner for the authenticity, accuracy, completeness, errors or any kind of omissions in this piece of information for any action taken thereof.