Tax Practitioners’ Association, Aurangabad has requested CBDT to extend the due dates for filing of returns by at least 2 months, in both the cases, i.e. till 30.09.2018 for non audit cases and 30.11.2018 for audit cases.
Shri Arun Jaitley
Hon. Finance Minister,
Govt. of India.
Subject: Regarding extension of due date for filing ITR for AY 2018-19.
It is our proud privilege to introduce our Association. We are an Association of Tax Practitioners, Chartered Accountants and Advocates practicing in Aurangabad and the neighboring districts, having a strength of 250+ members, established in 1974.
Your Honor is aware of the fact that the due date for filing the returns of income in the cases not liable to audit, for the assessment year 2018 – 19, is 31st July, 2018. For cases liable for audit the due date is 30th September, 2018. From the current assessment year, non filing of the ITRs within the due date will entail a late fees, under section 234F, amounting to Rs. 1,000 / 5,000 / 10,000, as the case may be.
In the interest of the Taxpayers and the Tax Professionals, we hereby request Your Honour to kindly extend the due dates for filing of returns by at least 2 months, in both the cases, i.e. till 30.09.2018 for non audit cases and 30.11.2018 for audit cases. Link ITR Filing Due date with ITR E-filing Utility Release Date
We seek such extension due to the following reasons:
1. The nation is fully engrossed in GST and it is cumbersome and time-consuming process to reconcile the GST and income tax data. The reporting requirements with regard to GST in the ITRs for the AY 2018-19 are tedious and we require some more time for same.
2. The schema for the ITRs are being updated and amended in the month of July 2018 too.
3. GST returns and reporting is consuming majority of time of the Professionals.
4. As this is a rainy season, most of the parts of the country including Maharashtra are facing floods. This is making our task more difficult.
5. Overloading and slow down of the GST and Income-tax websites is creating obstacles in smooth flow of work.
6. Due date of filing E-TDS returns for the quarter ended 30th June, 2018 is 31.07.2018.
In wake of above situations and circumstances, the Taxpayers and the Tax Professionals are finding it difficult to cope up with statutory due dates under various Acts.
We hereby request Your Honor to kindly extend the due dates for filing of the income tax returns to 30.09.2018 and 30.11.2018 for non-audit and audit cases, respectively.
We shall always remain indebted to you for this act of kindness.
For The Tax Practitioners’ Association, Aurangabad
Aloke R. Singh
Copy to :
1. Central Gujarat Chamber of Tax Consultants- Extend due date of ITR to 30.09.2018 & 30.11.2018 respectively
2. Karnataka State Chartered Accountants Association-Extend Income Tax Return due date & Relax application of Section 234F