How to use the Calculator
1) Ensure that you have MS Office 2010 or later to get this CG calculator working. (Macros should be enabled)
2) It is a simple calculator, by seeing it anyone can fairly understand it.
3) Insert the scrip name date of purchase and date of sale and respective amounts, it will automatically calculate the stock and STCG/LTCG and also the period of holding. Ensure that you put Purchase and Sale date in one line or else the formula wont for work for stock and it would show mismatch.
4) After inserting all the details click on Quickbar button at the top and there will be options to insert rows, column, calculate STCG and LTCG and intra day etc. Once you click the report will be generated and automatically it will set the print area accordingly so that you can just take print out or take a pdf file and email it to the client.
5) The sheet is only for educational purpose and hence it is totally unlocked. You can also insert or edit formulas the way you like.
(Submitted byAnish Gandhi.CA Student from Mumbai)