SoP for filing Kerala Flood Cess Return and Payment of Flood Cess
• For filing of Kerala Flood Cess return and payment of Kerala Flood Cess every tax payer has to register into Kerala Flood Cess portal available in the website of Kerala State Goods and Services Tax Department (keralataxes.gov.in) initially. The SoP for registering into Kerala Flood Cess portal has already been published and the same is available in the above website.
• For filing Kerala Flood Cess Return, the taxpayer shall visit the website of the Department keralataxes.gov.in.
- In the website, “File Kerala Flood Cess Return” portal (Marked in red) is available. When clicking on the same, the following window will be generated in new tab.
- The taxpayer shall enter their GSTIN as ‘User Name’. The password will be the one created by the tax payer at the time of registration.
- Enter Username, password and Captcha and then click “Login”.
(If the tax payer forgot their password, the ‘Forgot Password” option can be used. When clicking on “Forgot password” link, OTP will be sent to the registered mobile No. of the taxpayer and after entering the OTP in the prescribed column, option for changing the password will be provided.)
- When clicking “Login” the following window will be seen
- When clicking “File Return” (Marked in red), the “prepare online” option will be displayed as below;
- Click on “Prepare Online” link shown against the corresponding month and the following window will be pop up.
- For filing Nil Return click “OK”. The tax payers having B2B/B2C transactions attracting Flood Cess during the month shall click “Cancel”.
- When clicking “OK” for filing Nil return, the following declaration will pop up.
- If the taxpayer has not made any B2B or B2C supplies attracting Kerala Flood Cess for the month, click “OK”. Nil return will be filed which can be verified from the’ filing history’.
- The tax payers having B2B/B2C transactions attracting Flood Cess during the month shall click “Cancel” link in Picture 6. Then the following return filing window will displayed.
- Enter the particulars of taxable supplies in the respective columns and Kerala Flood Cess payable will be auto generated in the last columns.
- After entering data in the above window, Click “Save” and then “Proceed to Payment”. The following window will be displayed.
- Verify the amount and click “Pay “ for effecting payment. Any corrections /editing can be done before effecting payment by coming back to the return filing window.
- When clicking the tab “Pay ’ the following payment window will be displayed.
- Select mode of payment and give required details for each payment mode. Then proceed for payment. A GRN will be generated as below;
- CIick “OK” which will lead to the payment window of the corresponding bank or other modes of payment.
- After the completion of payment proceeding, the following window will be displayed
- The tax payer can download the Filed Return by clicking the “Download Filed Return” link.
- The return filing history can be viewed in ‘Filing History ‘.