Follow Us :

CA Ajay Agrawal

This Articles explains Procedure for VAT / CST / PT Registration in Maharashtra and also documents required for Registration. Articles also contain format of Related Forms and NOC to be submitted with Sales Tax Authorities.

A) Documents :

1.  Certified true copy of the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company.( in case of a company only) ( also the Certifcate of the Registration is required. In case of a PUBLIC Company- CERTIFICATE OF COMMENCEMENT is required)

2.  self attested copies of Proof of permanent residential address of the Proprietor/Partners/Directors and also of the Authorised Signatory – .

At least 2 of the following documents must be submitted: copy of passport, copy of election photo identity card, copy of property card or latest receipt of property tax of Municipal Corporation, copy of latest paid electricity bill in the name of the applicant

3 self attested copies each of PAN card copy – self attested – of all the Properietor/Partners/Directors and the authorised signatory and also of the company -attested by the Properietor/Partners/Directors

4 Self-attested copies each of Proof of address and ID – of the authorized signatory – License is NOT ALLOWED, in case of the Ration Card in the name of the Parents – NOC shall submitted. also a NOC from the Landlord if the POB is Rented.

5 self-attested copies each of two Proofs of place of business (for an owner, the case of Doing Business):

Proof of ownership of premises viz. copy of property card or ownership deed or agreement with the builder or any other relevant documents.-

Copy of the Leave and License Agreement – plus the Society maintenance Receipt and the Light bill Of that premise. Light bill should NOT be in the name of the Builder,.

6 Cancelled Cheque and also the photocopy of the latest bank statement

7.  TWO recent passport size photograph of the applicant. ( All the Properietor/Partners/Directors and the Authorized signatory.)

8.  Challan in Form No. 210 (original) showing payment of registration fee at INR 5025/in case of voluntary RC and one of Rs. 25000/- for deposit.

9 One DD of Rs. 5025 /- and One Of Rs. 25000/- drawn on NATIONALIZED BANKS ONLY – Drawn in favor of ” STATE BANK OF INDIA A/C MVAT ” , payable at NASHIK

10 Profession Tax number of all the Properietor/Partners/Directors and the Company.( in case of the company its PTRC- form-2A and PTEC-Form 2B)

11 If the profession tax number is not yet taken then apply for the PT number and attach the photocopy of the PT application counter with the Form 101.

12 Letter of Authority in Form no. 105 for appointing the Authorized signatory ( see the attachment)

13 Letter of Authority in favor of the consultant in Form no. 708 and From no. 709 ( both in two copies) ( see the attachment)

14 On the letter head of the Company – resolution of appointing Authorized signatory to act in this regards.

15 for CST registration manual form for application.

16 All the above documents shall be presented in ORIGINAL at the time of the verification in front of the STO

B) Procedure

1 Fill the Form No. 101 online on

2 On filling all the information and uploading the form online take the print out of the form and have that copy signed by the person named in that form.

3 Along with that form an acknowledgment for MVAT and CST registration shall be taken on the appointed date.

4 All the documents in Original and self attested photocopy shall also be taken.

5 On verification of the documents and photosign in front of the concerned STO, STO allots the TIN number

6 After the 24hours , log in to the and register the TIN number to activate the account.

7 The copy of the ” E-Service Acknowledgment ” generated on the activation of the account shall be taken to the STO for Physical copy of the Certificate of Registration – MVAT and CST.

8 Copy of Power of Attorney in Form 708 and 709 shall also be taken alongwith the ” E-Service Acknowledgment “

9 After the generation of the TIN by the concerned STO , the Profession Tax Officer will allot the PT certificate immediately.

( in that certificate – the amount payable by the assessee is indicated which should be paid within the due date mentioned in the PT certificate itself.)

Download Format of Form 105, 708, 709 & NOC

Join Taxguru’s Network for Latest updates on Income Tax, GST, Company Law, Corporate Laws and other related subjects.


  1. Dhir Singh says:

    I want to registration my firm in VAT at Maharashtra as a Civil & Interior contractor. I am registered in Haryana as a DS Construction in WCT . But now i want registration in the VAT at Maharashtra.

    Dhir Singh
    Mob 09873409132

  2. Ankit Bhansali says:

    Vert well written and helpful information but now vat registration procedure is change from 1st June 2016. It become online now, T

  3. Pravin T. Borate says:



    Pravin Borate


    Dear Sir,

    My query is I want to change address n vat and cst registration certificate with form is and documents required for this amendments


  5. suyash says:

    Respected sir,
    I have started my own manufacturing company. Now a days I am doing labour work but now I have to start investment work so that I need sale tax. Please give me proper way for getting sale tax number and any subsidy for ssi. And how many rp I have to pay for that.

  6. Rishabh shah says:

    I will be registering under voluntary scheme.
    What do they mean by introducing dealer whose details I need to enter? What are the rules for that?

  7. Jigar says:


    What do you mean by voluntary registration . Is it compulsory for depositing 25k for registering Sales Tax & VAT tin number . ALso the turnover over period may be 1 year or lesser prior to registration. kindly guide us for registering CST & VAT Tin number. You can also call mw on 9920033368

    Waiting for your reply.


  8. Ratnaparkhi Sadashiv says:

    डियर. सर मी माझे पत्नीचा Form 49A online भरलेला आहे मला Acknowledgement Slip मिळालेली आहे परंतु ती पावती भरून कोणत्या नाशिकच्या पत्त्यावर पाठवावी कृपया माझे ईमेल वर कळवावे हि विनंती .

  9. Ratnaparkhi Sadashiv says:

    I Fill up The Form 49A For My Wife Pan No Received Online But I print Acknowledgement Namber Receipt But This slip & other Dacuments WHo’s Address Post …… Please Send Address Head Office Nashik

  10. Karthick Ganesan says:

    Dear Sir,

    We have planned to start a new sale business in Mumbai. Our Registered office is only in Chennai. we have planned to buy/import products in Mumbai airport from overseas and planned to sell those products to Mumbai local Customer. Please advice for this sale transaction we need to register VAT in Mumbai? If yes we also need to rent a small building space in Mumbai? Pls help us to advice on this issue. Moreover pls help the process of registration of VAT in Mumbai if applicable.

    Karthick Ganesan,
    +91 8056805265.

  11. John says:

    Sir, is it compulsory to get a tin no. In the beginning. Bcoz i think the sale volume should cross over 10 lk per annum to submit the sales tax. Or can we take the tin no. Afterwards once the sale volume increases and crosses over 10 lakhs and can you plz give me some info about voluntary10lakhs.

  12. John says:

    I am starting my business of selling of ayurvedic massage oil and i have heard that you do not need a tin no. Until your sale crosses 10lks per annum so is it compulsory to get the tin no. In the beginning.

  13. Sanjay says:

    Dear Sir,

    i have started business of akralik bord so that i want vat tin number, pls. guide me required document, procedure and any deposit. No any vat purchases bills with me.

  14. Vinod S Sharma says:

    Sir I want to start a business for providing product on the online sale plateform
    What needs to be done for establishing this i mean what are the registration procedure for this.


  15. Dinesh Chauhan says:

    Dear Sir,

    I want to start a fresh business where I will be supplying to products to online retailers.. what will be the procedure to do so.. what are the Registration will require so that I can do business without any problem

  16. kiran pawar says:

    Dear sir,
    My name is Kiran, i wnat to start TRADING business in maharastra, which electronics product was manifactrued in Mumbai, so kindly tell me what is procedure to get TRADE licence

  17. T R Borkar says:

    Sir,I Wanted tofill e-returne of professin tax .but I don’t know the procedure of e-ragistration and enrollment please guide me, thank you

  18. Ashish says:

    i am opening new firm in mumbai please give vat registration without 25000 deposit so tell me the process. And also you can give me your details so if found appropriate quote will get it done from you.

  19. Raj Agrawal says:

    Dear Sir,
    I want start my own business can you suggest me that how Can I register for CST /VAT? Can I start business without Registration? I want purchase within Maharashtra but sale in other states. How I will register for LBT also?
    Any Tax Consultant with Nominal fee available in Nagpur. If available then please co-ordinate with me.
    Thanks & Regards
    Raj Agrawal

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Search Post by Date
May 2024