Ministry of Commerce 86 Industry
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
Date:2nd March, 2021
1. All Members of the Trade
2. All DGFT RAs
3. All Custom Authorities
Subject: Procedure and Criteria for submission and approval of applications for export of Diagnostic Kits and their components/laboratory reagents.
Reference is invited to DGFT Notification No. 09 dated 10.06.2020 restricting the export of Diagnostic Kits/Laboratory Reagents/Diagnostic Apparatus.
2. The quota for export of the following types of diagnostic kits was fixed for the period from December, 2020 to February, 2021 vide Trade Notice 39 dated 19.01.2021. The applications received as per the Trade Notice were issued export licenses and the quota has not been exhausted. The details of quantity remaining for allocation are as under:
|S.No.||Item Description||Quantity (Nos)|
|1||RT-PCR Kits( COVID/Non-COVID)or its component elements (Probe Specific for Covid-19, Primers specific for Covid-19 Reverse Transcriptase Enzyme and Deoxy Nucleotide Triphosphate) exported as part of a kit or individually||10461487|
|2.||RNA Extraction Kits or its component elements (Silicone Columns, Poly AdenylicAcide or Carrier RNA, Proteinase K, Magnatic Stands, Beads) exported as part of a kit or individually||22362999|
|3.||VTM Kits or its component elements (15 ml Falcom Tube or Cryovials, Swabs sterile synthetic fibre swabs (Nylon, polyster, Rayon or Dacron) exported as part of a kit or individually||30405596|
3. Export of Diagnostic kits and their components/laboratory reagents as per above mentioned leftover export quota is available and Exporters are requested to apply for export license by filing applications online through DGFT’s ECOM system for Export authorizations (Non-SCOMET Restricted items) – Please refer Trade Notice No. 50 dated 18.03.2019. There is no need to send any hard copy of the application via mail or post.
4. Exporters who have already filed an online application for export of these diagnostic kits after 01.02.2020 need not apply again. However, they need to write a mail with the application file number and also submit the documents as described in this trade notice through email at firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the specific file number in the subject of the mail.
5. Online applications for export of “Diagnostic Kits (VTM/RNA Extraction kits/RT-PCR Kits) or their components /laboratory reagents” for the above quantities may be applied from 4th March to 9th March, 2021.
6. All the applications will be examined as per the Para 2.72 of Handbook of procedures.
7. Validity of the export license will be for 6 months only.
8. The following eligibility criteria will be applicable for consideration of applications:
9. The documents to be submitted may include the following:
10. All the documents must be duly self-attested by the authorized person of the firm.
11. All the relevant documents as specified above must be submitted along with the application to verify the eligibility criteria. Incomplete applications will not be considered for any allocation. Any application received through email or submitted outside the timeline specified will not be considered.
12. This issues with the approval of Competent Authority.
Deputy Director General of Foreign Trade
(Issued from File No. 01/91/180/21/AM20/EC/E-21933)