OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (NS-I),
APPRAISING MAIN (IMPORT),
JAWAHAR LAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA- SHEVA,TAL-URAN,
(e-mail:[email protected]; Telephone No.022-27244979)
F.No. S/22-Gen- 20/2020-21/AM (I)/JNCH
Subject: Streamlining of UQCs in Export Declarations- Certain relaxations to license SBs-reg.
Attention of Importers, Exporters, Customs Brokers, Shipping Lines/ Agents, Logistics Service Providers, CFSs Custodians, Trade, Customs Staff and all other stakeholders is invited to ICES Advisory No. 35/2020 dated 18.09.2020 issued by Directorate General of Systems and Data Management, CBIC.
2. Reference is also invited to ICES Advisory No. 29/2020 dated 17.08.2020 on streamlining of UQCs for import and export declaration. This has been done for data standardization as well as better monitoring of valuation related aspects.
3. Representations were received from certain exporters on the inability to file reward Shipping Bills where the UQC of the export item in the corresponding DEEC/EPCG license was other than the prescribed standard UQCs since System has a check that the item UQC in the Shipping Bill and that in the license should be the same. DGFT was requested to amend such licenses and re-transmit electronically with standard UQCs. Vide Trade Notice 26/2020-21 dated 14.09.2020, DGFT has assured that all future licenses will be issued only in standard UQCs as per the above ICES advisory. For the licenses already issued with non-standard UQCs, they have requested for a relaxation till 30.10.2020.
4. Accordingly, changes have been made in the System to allow filing of Shipping Bills where the item UQC does not match with the UQC for that export item in the given license. However, exporters should continue declaring standard UQCs only in the item table of the Shipping Bill. In the license table, the quantity should be given as per the license UQC.
5. The above relaxation is given only for license Shipping Bills filed till 30.10.2020.
6. Difficulties, if any, faced in implementation of the said Public Notice may be brought to the notice of the Addl. / Joint Commissioner (Appraising Main (Import)) through email at [email protected]
7. This Public Notice should be considered as Standing Order for the purpose of officers and staff of department.
(Sunil Kumar Mall)
Commissioner of Customs (NS-I)
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II, JNCH.
2. The Commissioner of Customs, NS-G/NS-I/NS-II/NS-III/NS-Audit/NS-V, JNCH.
3. The Chairman JNPT//CEO NSICT, CEO GTI/ CEO BMCT for information.
4. All Additional/Joint/Dy./Asstt. Commissioners of Customs, JNCH.
5. All Sections/Group of NS-G/NS-I/NS-II/NS-III/NS-Audit/NS-V, JNCH.
6. Representative of CSLA/MANSA CFSAI / BCBA / FIEO / Members of PTFC for information and circulation among their members and other importers for information.
7. AC/DC, EDI for uploading on JNCH website immediately.