Meaning Of Financial Year
The Companies Act, 2013 defines Financial Year under Section 2(41) as:
“Financial Year”, in relation to any company or body corporate, means the period ending on the 31st day of March every year, and where it has been incorporated on or after the 1st day of January of a year, the period ending on the 31st day of March of the following year, in respect whereof financial statement of the company or body corporate is made up.
Provided that where a company or body corporate, which is a holding company or a subsidiary or associate company of a company incorporated outside India and is required to follow a different financial year for consolidation of its accounts outside India, the NCLT may, if it is satisfied, on an application made by that company or body corporate in such form and manner as may be prescribed, allow any period as its financial year, whether or not that period is a year.
Procedure for Change of Financial Year in simple five steps: –
1. Calling and passing of Board resolution for Change of Financial Year of the company as per Section 2(41) of the Companies Act.
2. Preparation and filing of Application in E-form RD-1 along with following documents: –
3. Simultaneously filing of GNL-2 to respective Registrar of Companies. The detail application along with annexure shall be attached in GNL-2.
4. Regional Director would examine the application where the application is found to be in order and shall pass the order within thirty days from the date of application and he may call for further information for unsatisfaction and incompleteness to be re-submit within a period of fifteen days, in E-Form RD-GNL-5.
5. Certified copy of the Order shall be filed with ROC in INC-28 within 30 days of receipt of order.
Disclaimer: – The entire contents of this document have been prepared on the basis of relevant provisions and rules and as per the information existing at the time of the preparation. Although care has been taken to ensure the accuracy, completeness and reliability of the information provided, I assume no responsibility therefore. Users of this information are expected to refer to the relevant existing provisions of applicable Laws. The user of the information agrees that the information is not a professional advice and is subject to change without notice. I assume no responsibility for the consequences of use of such information.