SEBI issues Master Circular for Commodity Derivatives Market on May 17, 2022 which will supersede previous Master Circular SEBI/HO/CDMRD/DMP/P/CIR/2021/589 dated July 01, 2021.
Securities and Exchange Board of India
MASTER CIRCULAR No. SEBI/HO/CDMRD/DMP/P/CIR/2022/64 | Dated: May 17, 2022
The Managing Directors/Chief Executive Officers
All Stock Exchanges and Clearing Corporation with Commodity Derivatives Segment
Dear Sir / Madam,
Sub: Master Circular for Commodity Derivatives Market
1. In order to ensure availability of comprehensive information mentioned in the circulars pertaining to commodity derivatives market at one place, SEBI has been issuing Master Circular comprising of information mentioned in various circulars pertaining to commodity derivatives segment. The references in the circular to the Statutes/Regulations which now stand repealed have been suitably updated. Efforts have also been made to incorporate in the circular, certain applicable provisions of existing circulars issued by other departments of SEBI, relevant to commodity derivatives markets. This circular has covered various circulars issued till March 31, 2022.
2. The term “national commodity derivatives exchanges” or “regional commodity derivatives exchanges” or “commodity derivatives exchanges” may be read as stock exchanges; wherein stock exchanges means recognized stock exchange having commodity derivatives segment.
3. It is hereby clarified that in case of any inconsistency between the Master Circular and the original applicable circular, the content of the original circular shall prevail.
4. This Master Circular shall supersede previous Master Circular SEBI/HO/CDMRD/DMP/P/CIR/2021/589 dated July 01, 2021.
5. This circular is issued with the approval of the Competent Authority.
6. This circular is available on SEBI Website at www.sebi.gov.in under the category “Circulars” and “Info for Commodity Derivatives.”
Division of Market Policy
Commodity Derivatives Market Regulation Department
Email: [email protected]