Securities and Exchange Board of India
Dated: September 28, 2018
The Managing Directors / Chief Executive Officers
All Stock Exchanges and Clearing Corporations
Dear Sir / Madam,
Sub: Applicability of Circulars issued for Commodity Derivatives markets
1. After taking over the regulation of commodity derivatives market, SEBI has issued various circulars applicable to Commodity derivatives exchanges.
2. As per the amendments in Securities Contracts (Regulation) (Stock Exchanges and Clearing Corporations) Regulations, 2012 as notified on April 02, 2018 in the Gazette of India, there would be no separate category of ‘Commodity Derivatives Exchanges’ w.e.f. October 1, 2018.
3. Accordingly, it is clarified that all the norms issued for Commodity Derivatives Exchanges till date shall be applicable to Commodity Derivatives Segments of Recognised Stock Exchanges/Recognised Clearing Corporations to the extent
4. The circular shall be effective from October 1, 2018.
5. This circular is issued in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11 (1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992, to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market.
6. This circular is available on SEBI website sebi.gov.in under the category “Circulars” and “Info for Commodity Derivatives”.
Deputy General Manager
Division of Market Policy
Commodity Derivatives Market Regulation Department
Email: [email protected]