(A) The possible reasons for no credit of TDS/TCS being displayed in your Form 26AS :
1. Deductor/collector has not filed his TDS/TCS statement;
2. You have not provided PAN to the deductor/collector;
3. You have provided incorrect PAN to the deductor/collector;
4. The deductor/collector has made an error in quoting your PAN in the TDS/TCS return;
5. The deductor/collector has not quoted your PAN;
DO’S FOR TAXPAYERS
(B) To rectify these errors you may request the deductor/ Bank:
1. To file a TDS/TCS statement if it has not been filed;
2. To rectify the PAN, if your PAN is quoted wrong in the already filed TDS/TCS statement.
3. To furnish a correction statement if the deductor did not upload your details correctly.
(c) While making payment of tax in Challan ITNS 280, you should clearly mention the following:
1. Head of payment, i.e. Corporation Tax/Income-tax (other than companies).
2. Amount and mode of payment of tax.
3. Type of payment (i.e. Advance tax/ Self assessment tax / Tax on regular assessment / Tax on Dividend / Tax on distributed Income to Unit holders/Surtax).
4. Assessment year.
5. PAN (Permanent Account Number) allotted by the Income Tax
6. For proof of payment from your bank please insist that:‑
(a) the filled-up taxpayer’s counterfoil must be stamped and returned to you by the bank.
(b) the bank’s stamp contains Challan identification Number (CIN) [BSR (Banker’s Serial Number) code, Date of Deposit, Challan Serial Number].
(c) in case of e-payment a computer generated copy will be issued.
(d) The NSDL Website [http://www.tin-nsdl.com] provides online services called Challan Status Enquiry. You can also check your tax credit by viewing your form 26AS from your e-filing account at www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
(e) Form 26AS will also show the credit of TDS/TCS in your account.
(f) Please remember the full amount is taxable (including TDS/TCS). You are entitled for credit of tax deferment on TDS/TCS.
(g) Please ensure offering your true and full income in your Income Tax And file it before the due date prescribed by the Income tax law.