The income tax department has asked all deductors to register their TAN on TRACES web site. Once registered, the deductors will be provided User ID and password for authenticated access. The access will result in the following benefits to the deductors:
- Request for consolidated TDS/TCS file for doing correction in the return
- Request Form 16A, (Mandatory for Companies and Banks to issue Form 16A generated from TIN to their deductees for deductions made from April 1, 2011 – F.Y. 2011-12).
- View and download details of default on account of short deduction, short payment or late payment.
- Bulk upload of Form 15CA records.
- Update of demographic details (like email ID, name of the contact person and other TAN account details)
- View status and download Consolidated / Form 16A / Default file.
- View and download BIN details
- Download list of Invalid PAN in quarterly TDS/TCS statement
Procedure of registration of TAN on Traces Website –
- Type in url www.tdscpc.gov.in in the address bar of the browser to access the TRACES website, TRACES homepage will appear, click on “Continue” to proceed further.
- Click on “Register as New User” tab, Select “Deductor” as the type of user and click on “Proceed”.
- Provide “TAN Number” in the respective allocated tab followed by capcha code to proceed further.
- Financial Year, Form type and Quarter for which KYC required will be auto populated. Enter Token Number of the Regular (Original) Statement only, corresponding to the Financial Year, Quarter and Form Type displayed. Enter CIN/ PAN details pertaining to the Financial Year, Quarter and Form Type displayed on the screen on the basis of latest correction statement filed by you. Please DO NOT copy /paste the data .
- Deductor is required to fill Organization details such as “Category of Deductor, PAN of deductor, PAN of Authorised person and Date of Birth of Authorised person etc. to proceed further. For Government Deductor, PAN is NOT mandatory”.
- At Step 3, you will get option to choose Communication Address Details as per TAN Master or as per Last Statement Filed.
- At Step 3, you will also get option to fill Mobile number/Alternate Mobile Number/Email ID/ Alternate Email ID.
- Please Note: Fill in the correct Primary Mobile number and E-mail ID to receive the activation link and codes, as user needs to activate the account within 48 hrs of Registration.
- Deductor is required to create his/her User Id (Check the Availability while creating the user ID) along with the password to proceed further.
- Deductor details can be seen on the Confirmation Screen , Deductor can still edit the details if required or else can click on “Confirm” for successful registration on TRACES website.
- After completion of all above steps, “Registration request successfully submitted ” message will appear on the screen. Deductor will receive activation link followed by activation code on registered “Email ID and Mobile number”, which can be used for activation of account.
- After successfully activation of account within 48 hrs of registration , user will be able to Login on TRACES website by entering the User id , Password , TAN of the Deductor and the verification code.
Now the one of the important features of the registration of TAN is that we can request for consolidated TDS/TCS file for doing correction in the return.
Detailed Procedure to Download Consolidated file from TRACES website
- Please check statement status under “Statement /Payment Tab ” before raising the request for Conso file . Request for Downloading Conso file can only be Submitted when statement Status is either Statement Processed with Default or Statement Processed with out Default
- Financial Year, Form type and Quarter for which KYC required will be auto populated. Enter Token Number of the Regular (Original) Statement only, corresponding to the Financial Year, Quarter and Form Type displayed . Enter CIN/ PAN details pertaining to the Financial Year, Quarter and Form Type displayed on the screen on the basis of latest correction statement filed by you. Please DO NOT copy/paste the data
- After providing correct KYC details, an authentication code will be generated, which is valid for same calendar day for same Financial Year, Form Type and Quarter
- On successful submission of the request, a unique Request number will be generated.
- Conso file will be available in “Requested Download”, Deductor can search for Conso file by using:
- Request Number
- View All.
- Details of Request Status:
- Submitted: Successful submission, Request in processing
- Available: Conso file available for Downloading
- Disabled: Duplicate request submitted for downloading
- Failed: User are advised to contact CPC(TDS)
Note: TRACES website is providing E- Tutorial for downloading Conso file. The link for your ready reference is as under – https://contents.tdscpc.gov.in/en/download-conso-file-etutorial.html
Republished with Amendments