CBDT has yesterday posted a message on its e-filing website which is as follows :-
Updated version of Form 3CA-3CD and Form 3CB-3CD are available in the portal. Assessee may download and use the same.
This version is named as ‘FORMS_2013_PR11’ . This is the eleventh version release of offline utility. Every time the utility been updated to remove the discrepancy and bugs in the same. So if we assume that this is the last release or this version is free from all the errors and bugs then Tax Professionals got only 15 days to fill and file tax Audit Report and other Audit Reports under the Income tax Act.
CBDT should accept its own shortcomings and immediately extend the due date for filing Tax Audit Report and other Audit Reports under the Income tax Act,1961 as demanded by CA Sudhir Halakhandi vide his article titled “Due Date for E-Filing of Tax Audit Report Should be Extended Immediately “.
I would like to take few line from a song of Aashiqui 2 written by Sandeep Nath-
Sunn raha hai na tu (CBDT)
Ro raha hoon, main (Assessee / Tax professionals)
Sun raha hai na tu
Kyun ro rahi hoon main
I Would also like to add few reasons for extension submitted by one of the netizen of taxguru Mr. Ankit Rajgaria, A CA final Student from Mumbai :-
Crisp 7 Reasons to extend the due date of Filing of returns:
1. Late Enlightment of Income Tax department this year regarding furnishing of Tax Audit Reports alongwith other forms.
2. Increase in Work Load due to extensive reporting in the new format.
3. Increase in Data Entry in Exhaustive Tax Utilities devised by the Income Tax Department.
4. Constant and Consistent Revision of the utilities by the department due to errors in the utilities.
5. Even after the recent revision under version PR11, the Utilities have some errors like validation errors in Form 29B for NIL tax liability.
6. Even after the industry has accepted the changes in the new format, the helplines of the Income Tax Department are still helpless and take bytes on different e-filing cells rather than solving the queries.
7. As the professionals are working under pressure of the September Season there might be a compromise in quality of work if the date is not extended or extended on 30.09.2013; and this is likely to happen.
Do you think CBDT should extend Tax Audit Report and relevant ITR Due Date? Please Comment, Vote, Retweet and Like.— Tax Guru (@taxguru_in) September 18, 2018