Ans: When an application is filed/referred or order has to be rectified by the authorities or to be declared as void ab initio, a date of hearing is issued by the Tax Official and communicated to the parties by the GST Portal.
A cause list of all such dates is maintained in the GST Portal. This cause list can be printed/ saved in PDF.
Ans: To view the cause list, navigate to Services > User Services > Cause List option.
Ans: Yes, Cause list is updated on real time basis.
Yes, you can view cause list without logging to the GST Portal.
How can I view the cause list on the GST Portal?
To view the cause list of appeal applications on the GST Portal, perform following steps:
1. Access the www.gst.gov.in URL. The GST Home page is displayed.
2. Navigate to Services > User Services > Cause List
Note: You can access Cause List without logging to the GST Portal with your credentials.
3. Cause List Screen is displayed.
4. From the Type of Authority drop-down list, select the type of authority.
5. From the State drop-down list, select State in which Application was filed.
6. From the Jurisdiction drop-down list, select Jurisdiction in which Application was filed. This is not mandatory field.
7. Select Date using the calendar.
Note: In case you don’t select any date, System will search and display the Cause List of the current day.
8. Click SEARCH.
9. Cause List of the day will be displayed. In case of no hearing scheduled for the day, following message will appear “No hearings are scheduled for date”.
(Republished with amendments)
Disclaimer: The contents of this article are for information purposes only and does not constitute an advice or a legal opinion and are personal views of the author. It is based upon relevant law and/or facts available at that point of time and prepared with due accuracy & reliability. Readers are requested to check and refer relevant provisions of statute, latest judicial pronouncements, circulars, clarifications etc before acting on the basis of the above write up. The possibility of other views on the subject matter cannot be ruled out. By the use of the said information, you agree that Author / TaxGuru is not responsible or liable in any manner for the authenticity, accuracy, completeness, errors or any kind of omissions in this piece of information for any action taken thereof. This is not any kind of advertisement or solicitation of work by a professional.