E-invoicing under GST or electronic invoicing is the invoice document exchange between a supplier and a buyer in an integrated electronic format. The government of India announced on October 2022 as India moves towards complete digitalization it is mandatory for businesses above 10 crores to file for e-invoices. In the near future government will lower the threshold to bring all businesses under e-invoicing.
The 35th GST Council resolved the introduction of an electronic invoicing system for primarily large businesses. Later, expanded to include small and medium-sized firms as well.
A standard invoice that has previously been prepared must be submitted on E-Invoice portal. Businesses need not create the invoice in the portal itself. Through Notification No. 69/2019 – Central Tax, the CBIC informed a number of common portals to generate an electronic invoice.
Every invoice issued under the e-invoice system will receive an IRN, or Invoice Reference Number from the GST Network-managed Invoice Registration Portal (IRP). IRN is a unique number assigned by the government using the hash algorithm to identify every legal e-invoice created in India beginning in October 2020 when an invoice is sent to the IRP.
Real-time transfers of all invoice data are made from this portal to the portals for GST and e-way bills. As a result, since the data is sent directly from the IRP to the GST site, it eliminates the need for manual data entry for filing GSTR-1 returns and creating part-A of the e-way bills.
Businesses with an annual turnover of over 10 crores are eligible for e-invoicing under GST (Goods & Service Tax) from October 10, 2022. It is also said that all firms with a turnover of Rs 5 crore or below must start preparing for e-invoices by the next fiscal year.
You can create E-invoices easily on Swipe – India’s #1 GST Invoicing & Billing software
Step 1: Open Swipe, Go to sales and click on “Create Invoice”.
Step 2: Add the customer details.
Step 3: Add the products to the invoice.
Step 4: Add other details like Bank, notes/ terms, signature, etc.
Step 5: Click on save and your invoice is created on Swipe.
Now, from the drop-down select “Create E-Invoice”.
That’s it. You have successfully created your e-invoice just with One-Click on Swipe.
This E-invoice will also reflect immediately on the E-Invoice portal.
Swipe is the fastest-growing fintech SAAS startup in India. Its simple Invoicing, Payments & GST software is loved and used by 4L+ SMEs. In a short span of time, it has reached 5000+ cities & got customers all over India. Recognized for its simplicity, ease of use, and high-priority customer support in all regional languages including Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Marathi, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, etc
With Swipe, you can,
1. Easily Create Invoices, POS, and Estimates in less than 10 seconds.
2. Select multiple invoice templates and customize them easily
3. Share invoices with customers via WhatsApp and Email
4. Collect payments using UPI (QR Codes), payment gateway, and track status
5. Generate GST, Profit & Loss, and 30+ Reports for instant tax filing – monthly/quarterly
5. Manage Inventory in real time.
6. Record expenses easily.
7. View business metrics and analytics
8. Set up Online Store in 5 minutes
9. Add multiple users & roles access.
10. Create E-way bills on the go.
11. Create GST E-Invoices in one click.
12. Create Export/ Multi-currency/ SEZ invoices
13. SMS/Email campaigns
14. Multilingual Customer Support (Assamese, English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Bengali, Malayalam, Gujarati)
15. Upload unlimited Products, Customers & Vendors in bulk.
16. Create subscription/ recurring invoices, multiple price lists, POS billing with barcodes & much more!
1. Who needs to use Swipe E-invoicing?
Swipe E-Invoicing software is for all kinds of SME’s with 10 cr+ turnover in a financial year. Businesses looking for hassle free, simple e-invoice system to file their invoices. E-Invoicing will be applicable to businesses having 5+ cr. turnover. Swipe software is fully GST-Compliant.
2. Do I have to log in to the E-Invoice portal every time to create an E-Invoice?
No, you only have to log in to the E-Invoice portal ONCE to link it with your Swipe account. After that E-Invoice system is linked you create and upload e-invoice with just one click.
3. Can I edit an GST E-Invoice?
No, GST E-Invoice cannot be edited after creation.
4. Can I cancel an E-Invoice?
GST E-Invoice can be canceled only within 24-hours of creation.
5. Is it possible to generate an invoice for a previous date?
There is no time limit or period in which an invoice must be generated. It is recommended, however, to create an E-Invoice on or after the invoice date but before filing GSTR-1 returns.
6. Does my data on Swipe web sync to Swipe mobile app?
Yes, if you have used the same mobile number to login to Swipe on both mobile app as well as the web. All your data including invoices created, customers added, items added etc. will be synced.
E-invoicing under GST has several reason, few of them are:
1. Precise Tracking: Tracking invoices in real-time is possible thanks to e-invoicing system. This includes tracking invoices created by suppliers. Input tax credits can now become available more quickly as a result.
2. QR Code: The GST invoices are necessary to determine the ITC amount. An assessee can need extra copies of an invoice they already received or misplace an invoice they had received. The QR code will be quite beneficial in these circumstances. The assessee can create the invoice as many times as needed in PDF format by scanning this code.
3. Easy E-way bill Creation: E-invoicing makes it simple to create an e-way bill because all the taxpayer needs to do is update the vehicle information. When an e-invoice is authorized using the GST site, the information in Part-A of the e-way bill will automatically be filled in.
4. Stop Tax Fraud: Since invoices will be prepared prior to completing a transaction, real-time data access will reduce the possibility of invoice manipulation. This will further limit the use of fraudulent GST invoices, and only legitimate ITC may be claimed. The specifics of the output tax and input tax credit are easily accessible, making it simpler for the tax authorities to identify bogus input credits.
5. One-time reporting: B2B invoices only need to be reported once under e-invoicing, and the Invoice Registration Portal (IRP), which validates the invoice and issues the Invoice Reference Number, will authenticate it (IRN). The information will automatically populate the GSTR-1 return following login. The manual reporting method that was previously used is reduced as a result.