OFFICE OF THE PRINCIPAL ADDITIONAL DIRECTOR GENERAL OF SYSTEMS & DATA MANAGEMENT
GST & CENTRAL EXCISE, GST BHAVAN,
NO. 26/1, MAHATHMA GANDHI ROAD, NUNGAMBAKKAM, CHENNAI -34
Tele: 044-28331101 Fax:044-28331104 Mail: [email protected]
C.No IV/26/11/2017 Systems(S)
Pr Commissioners/ Commissioners
All GST Zones,
Sub: Issues Related to Refund of Excess Balance in Cash Ledger
Kind attention is invited to the advisory dated 17.04.2020 issued by this office regarding the systems related issues faced by the officers in processing online refunds. The list of major issues faced by officers where there was a dependency on GSTN was mentioned in the referred advisory.
2. GSTN has since resolved two more issues. The issues resolved and the approximate number of ARNs involved thereof are given below:
(i) System error while issuing payment orders- 2533 (approx.)
(ii) Bank validation issues- 2000 (approx.)
3. System error while issuing payment orders:
Wherever this error was noticed, the officers have to resubmit the payment orders from the error task list. It has been cross checked with few officers that the resubmission is getting successfully submitted to GSTN. Necessary instructions may be issued to the proper officers handling refunds under your Jurisdiction to resubmit the payment orders wherever the above-mentioned issue was noticed.
4. Bank validation issues:
There were some ARNs where it was noticed that the bank accounts were valid in GSTN but whereas in the CBIC System the account was shown as invalid. This was due to the fact that when the CBIC System attempted to fetch the latest bank account details from GSTN, the GSTN API was still carrying the old invalid bank details though the account was updated by the Tax Payer. This issue has since been resolved by GSTN and the CBIC System has successfully fetched the latest bank account details available in GSTN System.
It has been verified that most of the bank account have been successfully validated. However, in few cases where the account is still shown as invalid, has been cross checked and found that the account is in failed status in GSTN end or validation is under progress.
In this regard, it is requested that suitable instructions may be issued to the proper officers handling refunds to issue the payment orders in all cases where the account has been validated. Where the account is still found to be invalid, the officer shall inform the Tax Payer to update the bank account in front end common portal.
5. It is requested to share this advisory with all the officers processing refunds in your jurisdiction for necessary action. Any difficulty in processing the same may please reported to helpdesk by raising tickets with [email protected].
6. The other issues mentioned in Para 1 of this office advisory dated 17.04.2020 are being pursued with GSTN for early resolution.
Additional Director General
Copy submitted to:
1. The Pr Director General, Directorate of Systems and Data Management, New Delhi.
2. Pr Chief Commissioner/Chief Commissioner of GST
3. Pr Commissioner and Commissioner, policy wing, CBIC