OFFICE OF COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS ; NS (GENERAL)
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA-SHEVA
Date : 07.04.2020
F. No : S/43-GEN-196/2019-20/PSO/JNCH
DI N-20200478NU00006 1 A0CC
Sub : COVID-19 facilitation measure- Temporary provision for filing IGM/EGM without submission of hard copy.
Representations have been received form Shipping Lines/Consol Agents that during the present COVID19 situation, as a temporary measure the practice of submission of hard copy of IGM/EGM to the import noting section be not insisted to minimize human interaction.
2. Considering the necessity of reduced physical interaction between persons in the current circumstances, it has been decided that the Shipping Lines may file IGM/EGM temporarily only through online mode.
3. The Shipping Line shall furnish an undertaking to the Import Noting Section that they shall submit hard copy of IGM/EGM within 15 days of the withdrawal of lockdown provision.
Notwithstanding the above facility, were a requirement of hard copy to arise even during this temporary period for the necessity of carrying out any amendment manually, the Shipping Line shall be obliged to submit hard copy of the IGM/EGM to the Import Noting section. This aspect shall be incorporated in the said undertaking.
4. Any difficulties faced in the implementation of this Public Notice may be brought to the notice of DC (Import Noting)/Additional Commissioner (General) through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commissioner of Customs
NS II (General)
JNCH Nhava Sheva
1 .Chief Commissioner of Customs,Mumbai Zone II
2. All Commissioner of Customs,Mumbai Zone II
3. All Additional/Joint Commissioner of Customs,Mumbai Zone II
4. All Deputy/Assistant Commissioner of Customs,Mumbai Zone II
5. DC/EDI for uploading on the JNCH website