Procedure at FSP Cell, JNCH for revalidation/ new registration of Self Sealing Permission in EDI system for Electronic sealing of containerized cargo at factory or warehouse premises
OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (GENERAL)
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE
NHAVA SHEVA, DISTT. – RAIGAD, MAHARASHTA – 400 707.
F.No. : S/6-Misc-03/2013-14-EXP-FSP-JNCH
PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 143 /2020
Sub: Procedure at FSP Cell, JNCH for revalidation/ new registration of Self Sealing Permission in EDI system for Electronic sealing of containerized cargo at factory or warehouse premises – reg.
Attention of the Exporters, Custom Brokers and all concerned is invited to CBIC Circular No. 736/52/2013-CX dt.11.08.2003, Circular No. 860/18/2007-CX dt.22.11.2007, and Nhava Sheva Customs Public Notice 32/2018 dated 07.03.2018, Public Notice No. 147/2017 dt. 16.11.2017 and Public Notice No. 159/2016 dated 28.11.2016 regarding registration of self-sealing permission in EDI system (FSP Cell), JNCH, Nhava Sheva Customs.
2. The validity of registration of self-sealing permission is ending on 31.12.2020. Representations from Exporters, Custom Brokers and other stakeholders have been received requesting for extension of validity of registration for self-sealing permission beyond 31.12.2020.
3. The self-sealing permission for factory stuffed containers for exporters already registered with EDI, Nhava Sheva Customs and valid upto 31.12.2020 will be extended upto 31.12.2023 subject to submission of documents as detailed in para 4 of this Public Notice.
4. As a facilitation measure, the Self-sealing Permission for the exporters who are already registered with EDI, JNCH is extended upto 31.03.2021 to enable them to submit required documents for renewal/revalidation of self-sealing permission. Exporters whose self-sealing permission is already registered shall submit the following documents for revalidation of registration of self-sealing permission by 31.03.2021 to avail extension of self-sealing permission upto 31.12.2023.
(i) Request letter from the Exporter
(ii) Permission/Registration copy issued by FSP Cell, JNCH & copy of Jurisdictional Self-sealing/Factory Stuffing Permission, if any.
(iii) Authorization letter from the Exporter in case the document are submitted by a representative or a Custom Broker.
(iv) Self-certified Copy of IEC/PAN/GSTN Registration No.
(v) Specimen Signature with Photograph of Authorized Signatories duly attested by Director/Partner/Proprietor.
(vi) Exporter’s Declaration of Previous cases, SCNs etc.
5. In order to facilitate the trade, a dedicated e-mail ([email protected]) has been created. The Exporter, Custom Brokers and all concerned may send their request for extension of validity of registration for self-sealing permission along with the aforementioned attachments in person or through e-mail.
6. Further, those Exporters who will apply for first time registration of self-sealing permission at JNCH, the procedure for such registration shall remain same as laid down in Public Notice 32/2018 dated 07.03.2018, until further orders.
7. The aforementioned revised procedure detailed in this Public Notice is for Self-sealing registration only for Electronic Sealing as approved by the Board vide Board Circular No.41/2017 dated 30.10.2017 read with Board Circular No.26/2017 dated 01.07.2016, 36/2017 dated 28.08.2017.
8. The exporters availing this facility of self sealing of export cargo with RFID/e-Seals are also required to mandatorily file the Customs Inland Manifest for e-Seal Cargo (CIM-ES) electronically with Customs. The message has already been enabled for filing either by the exporter directly or through the Customs Broker. The message structure is available on ICEGATE portal (https://icegate.gov.in/Download/ES_MIG_Volume1.1_060620.docx) for ready reference
9. This shall be considered as standing order for officers/staff concerned.
10. Difficulties faced, if any, in the implementation of this Public Notice may be brought to the notice of the DC/AC, FSP Cell, Shri Ramesh Vajge ([email protected]) immediately.
Commissioner of Customs (General)
JNCH, Nhava Sheva
Copy to: – To All the members of the trade.
1. Chief Commissioner of Customs, JNCH, Mumbai Zone-II
2. Commissioner of Customs NS-I, NS-II, NS-III, NS-IV, NS-V JNCH, Mumbai-II
3. All Addl. /Joint Commissioners of Customs, JNCH, Mumbai-II
4. All Deputy/Asstt. Commissioners of Customs, JNCH, Mumbai-II
5. Website of JNCH.