OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS, NS-III
MUMBAI CUSTOMS ZONE-II
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA SHEVA,
TAL:- URAN, DIST : RAIGAD. PIN – 400 707.
F. No. S/22-Gen-402/2017-18/AM (I)/JNCH
PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 49/2018
Subject: – Procedure to be followed for “one time default intimation” to Shipping Lines by DPD importers at JNCH -Reg.
Attention of the Importers, Exporters, General Trade, Port Terminal Operator, Shipping Lines / Shipping Agents, CFSs coming under the jurisdiction of Jawaharlal Nehru Customs House (JNCH), Nhava Sheva and all other stakeholders is invited to the Public Notice No 36/2018 dated 09.03.2018 regarding operationalization of “one time default intimation” to Shipping Lines by DPD importers at JNCH.
2. In order to relax the norms for advance intimation for “DPD imports” it was decided that instead of requirement to submit such intimation each time before arrival of the vessel, “one time default intimation” may be obtained from DPD importers and submitted to shipping lines through CSLA [ email@example.com ] so that default stacking code indicated in the said “intimation” can be treated as default stacking code by shipping lines. Accordingly, all the DPD importers of JNCH are advised to submit “one time default intimation” in the format as annexed to the Public Notice No. 36/2018 in the manner as prescribed in the format itself.
3. As per the said Public Notice it was required to endorse a copy of such “one time intimation” to DPD Cell at firstname.lastname@example.org . However, it is being noticed that in pursuance of Public Notice 36/2018 dated 09.03.2018, importers are either sending hard copies of such intimation to CSLA/DPD Cell or sending e-mail intimation only to CSLA without endorsing e-mail copy to DPD Cell.
4. It is being reiterated that DPD importers are required to send “one time default intimation” to email@example.com endorsing a copy to DPD Cell at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is again being informed that such “one time default intimation” submitted either with incomplete information or submitted without following the procedure as provided under Public Notice No 36/2018 dated 09.03.2018 will not be approved by Customs.
5. On receipt of the copy of such “one-time default intimation” by DPD Cell, should check whether the requisite details are furnished and if found to be in order, will communicate to CSLA (with copy sent to importer / Customs Broker to the same email address) for compliance. Immediately on receipt of such communication from Customs, CSLA will inform to all the shipping lines to take action as provided under Public Notice No 36/2018 dated 09.03.2018 .
6. In case of any difficulty, the specific issue may be brought to the notice of Additional Commissioner in charge of ‘DPD Cell’, NS-III (email address: email@example.com).
Commissioner of Customs (NS-III)
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II, JNCH.
2. The Commissioner of Customs, NS-G/ NS-I/ NS-II / NS-IV / NS-V, JNCH.
3. All Additional / Joint Commissioners of Customs, JNCH.
4. All Deputy / Assistant Commissioner of Customs, JNCH.
5. All Sections / Groups of NS-G, NS-I, NS-II / NS-III/ NS-IV / NS-V, JNCH.
6. Terminal Operator (JNPCT, GTI, NSICT, NSIGT, BMCT), Representative of BCBA / FIEO for information and circulation among their members.
7. AC/DC, EDI for uploading on JNCH website immediately