Government of India
Ministry of Commerce & Industry
Department of Commerce
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
Vanijya Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated the 25th November, 2022
Members of Trade and Industry
RAs of DGFT (dealing with TMA Scheme)
Subject: One-time relaxation for submission of hard copy of applications for claiming assistance under the erstwhile ‘Transport and Marketing Assistance (TMA) for Specified Agriculture Products’ Scheme (foreclosed by Department of Commerce w.e.f. 31.03.2021)
TMA Scheme for Specified Agricultural Products which was notified by the Department of Commerce for exports made w.e.f. 01.03.2019 has been foreclosed w.e.f. 31.03.2021.
2. As per the sub-para (c) of para 7(A).01 of Handbook of Procedures for the said Scheme notified vide Public Notice No. 82/2015-2020 dated 29.03.2019, it was prescribed that for claiming benefits under TMA, the applicant shall submit the application online on DGFT’s website and would file manually a physical pdf copy of the print out of ANF 7(A)A along with prescribed documents with RA concerned within 30 days.
3. DGFT has received several representations stating that many applicants could not submit physical copy of application within the stipulated time to the designated RAs due to various reasons including the Covid-19 pandemic. Accordingly, their applications for claiming TMA have been rejected by the RAs due to non-submission of physical copy of prescribed documents.
4. The issue has been examined. Keeping in view the fact that cases for relaxation are being received by the Policy Relaxation Committee, it has been decided to allow all those applicants who have submitted online application(s) for exports made upto 31.03.2021 to submit physical copies alongwith prescribed documents with designated RAs by 31.12.2022.
5. The concerned RA shall examine the applications which are complete in all respects in accordance with prescribed policy/procedure and dispose of the same within a further period of 30 days from the date of submission of physical copy.
6. This issues with the approval of the competent authority.
Joint Director General of Foreign Trade
Email id: email@example.com
(Issued from F.No. 01/92/180/12/AM-22/PC -VI)