OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (NS-III),
MUMBAI ZONE-II, JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM
HOUSE, NHAVA SHEVA, TALUKA: URAN, DISTRICT:
F. No. S/12-Gen-07/2018-19 AM(X)
PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 82/2018
Sub: Modification in the procedure of the Container Movement Permission – reg.
Attention of Steamer Agents/ Importers and all concerned is invited to Facility Notice No. 102/2016 dated 12.07.2016, regarding instructions on movement of containers and containerized cargo.
2. Considering the representations by the trade, in partial modification of procedure prescribed vide Facility Notice No. 102/2016, it has been decided that there shall be no requirement of permission from the Container Cell for movement of containers from the Port. Henceforth, all Steamer Agents / Importers, who have furnished bonds for duty free import of containers with the Container Cell, JNCH, will intimate the following details through email addressed to Asstt. Commissioner of Customs, Container Cell, JNCH on the e-mail address email@example.com before movement of containers from the Port.
(i) Container no., type & Size as available on the door/CSC plate of the container
(ii) Import vessel Name & date of arrival
(iii) Rotation No./ IGM No.
(iv) Self declaration regarding Continuity Bond No., its validity & balance amount of the bond (giving break-up of different types of containers covered).
(v) Name and address of CFS /warehouse/ICD.
3. The same e-mail containing all the above mentioned details should also be forwarded to the concerned Port terminal for information. The Port terminal should allow movement of said containers based on said intimation to Customs (Container Cell).
4. The steamer agent / importer will also submit the copy of the request letter to the Container Cell, JNCH having all the details as mentioned above by the end of the next working day and the Container Cell will reconcile the same with the records.
5. It shall be the responsibility of the Steamer Agent/ Importer to ensure that there is sufficient balance available in the bond furnished by them to the Container Cell before forwarding the e-mail intimation as mentioned in para 2 above, failing which such containers shall be treated as un-authorised removal from the Customs premises inviting penal action as per the law.
6. All concerned are hereby directed to strictly comply with the above instructions failing which, bond will be enforced to recover the Customs Duty along with applicable interest under Section 142 read with Section 143 of the Customs Act, 1962. In addition to the above action, penal action may also be initiated in accordance with the Customs Act, 1962.
7. Difficulty, if any may be brought to the notice of Deputy/ Assistant Commissioner in charge of Container Cell through e-mail/ phone (e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org).
8. Action to be taken in terms of decisions taken in this Public Notice should be considered as standing order for the purpose of officers and staff.
COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS
Copy to (By email only):
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone- II.
2. All the Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone- II.
3. All Addl./Joint Commissioners of Customs, Mumbai Zone- II.
4. All Deputy/Asstt. Commissioners of Customs, Mumbai Zone- II.
5. The DC/EDI for uploading on the JNCH website.
6. BCBA/FIEO/MANSA for circulation among their members, trade and industry.