Government of India
Ministry of Commerce and Industry
Department of Commerce
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
19th March, 2020
1. RA’s of DGFT
2. Customs Commissioncrates
3. Members of Trade
4. Joint Secretary (Customs), CBEC, Department of Revenue
Subject: Modalities for import of 4 Lakh MT Urad for the fiscal year 2020-2021.
Ministry of Commerce and Industry vide Notification dated 17th March, 2020 has allowed import of Urad to an annual quota of 04 lakh MT during the fiscal year 2020-21. Trade Notice No. 56/2019-2020 dated 19.03.2020 refers in this regard. The Policy Condition in the above notification lays down that the import shall be allowed only to the Millers/Refiners as per procedure to be notified by DGFT.
2. Accordingly, applications arc invited online from the intending millers/refiners (having own refining/processing capacity) of pulses/peas for its import as per ANF-2M of FTP 2015-20 to DGFT. The applicant may the following link: https ://dgftebrc .nic. in: 8090/NEGLIST/isp/Login. Applicants shall attach all the corresponding documents in the online application only i.e. (i) copy of IEC, (ii) Self certified copy of a Capacity Certificate issued by Central/State/District Authorities (FSSAI/FDA of State/Pollution Control Board/DIC), indicating its refining/processing capacity. The certificate should be dated prior to issue of this Trade Notice, (iii) Proof of Application fee paid as per Appendix 2K of Appendices & Aayat Niryat Forms.
3. There is no requirement of sending copy of the application via email or by post. Any manual application by Post/Courier or via e-mail will not be entertained.
4. Only one application against one IEC will be considered.
5. The applications will be received between 03.2020 to 03.04.2020. The allocation of quota for each eligible applicant shall be notified as per the decision of the EFC under Para 2.51 of the I-II3P, 2015-20. The EFC, while considering applications, will take into considerations; inter alia, the monthly/ annual refining/processing capacity of the applicant, the quantity applied for by the applicant and the total number of applications received. The total available quota will be distributed equally or the applied quantity, whichever is lower, amongst eligible millers/refiners. DGFT reserves the right to make any changes in allocation as deemed fit at any point of time.
6. It may kindly be noted that annual quota of Urad for the year 2020-21 is 4 Lakh MT and will be effective from 1st May, 2020 to 31st March 2021. Accordingly, successful applicants will have to ensure that the import consignments of Urad reaches the Indian ports on or before 31.03.2021. Request for extension of time will not be entertained.
This issues with the approval of Competent Authority.
Joint Director General of Foreign Trade
E-mail: [email protected]
[Issued from File No.M-5012/300/2002/PC-2A/Vol-VIII/P-198]