Government of India
Ministry of Commerce & Industry
Department of Commerce
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
1. All Customs Commissioners
2. All Regional Authorities of DGFT
3. Federation of Indian Export Organizations
4. Members of Trade
Subject: Issues related to Export Policy of Rice.
Reference is invited to Notification No. 31/2015-2020 dated 8th September, 2022 amending the export policy of Broken Rice under HS code 10064000 under Chapter 10 of Schedule — 2 of the ITC (HS) Export Policy from ‘Free’ to ‘Prohibited’ with immediate effect read with Trade Notices No. 17/2022-2023 dated 28th September, 2022.
2. Subsequently representations have been received regarding Rice (5% and 25%) where irrevocable letter of credit has been issued before 8th September, 2022 is also being stopped at the ports.
3. Accordingly, in supersession of Trade Notices No. 17/2022-2023 dated 28th September, 2022., it is clarified in respect of normal rice that –Rice (5% and 25%) is already exempted as it is not broken rice but normal rice with permissible limits of broken rice as per standards. However, it will carry 20% duty as per notification”.
4. This issues with the approval of Competent Authority.
(Ram Paul Singh)
Deputy Director General of Foreign Trade
(Issued from F.No. 01/91/171/035/AM23/EC/E-33537)