OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (NS-G) MUMBAI
ZONE-II, JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA SHEVA,
TALUKA: URAN, DISTRICT RAIGAD, MAHARASHTRA-400707.
F. No. S/JNCH-D-195/2019-20 Disp (A)
Sub: – Implementation of UCC data for the Disposal Process of the Longstanding Containers-reg.
Attention of all the Containers Freight Station’s (CFS), CFSAI and other stake holders and all the officers of JNCH, is invited on the above subject. Long standing Containers are disposed under Section 48 of the Customs Act 1962 (CFS Auction), Section 126 of the Customs Act 1962 (Customs Auction) by way of Auction and destruction. For the proper upkeep and maintenance of the records, UCC software was designed and implemented through standing order no. 68/2016 dated 18.11.2016 to keep track of the containers pending for disposal. It has come to the notice that proper updating was not being done of the containers involved.
2. Keeping in view of the above point it is directed to all the CFS’s to mandatorily fill the Checklist as per Checklist I attached, before submitting the file for disposal process of Auction (Under Section 48 of Customs Act, 1962) and the Disposal officer should ensure it.
3. It is made mandatory for all the CFS’s to fill the Checklist as per Checklist II attached hitherto, before Out of Charge for the Successful Bid in Auction (Under Section 48 of Customs Act, 1962) and the Disposal officer should ensure it.
4. It is made mandatory for all the CFS’s to fill the Checklist as per Checklist I (Destruction) attached, before submitting the file for the disposal process of Destruction and the Disposal officer should ensure it.
5. CFSAI has to ensure that checklist would be printed only after the requisite updation, and ensure proper working and periodical maintenance of UCC software.
Simultaneously, it is made mandatory for all the CFS’s to update the UCC in the case of Adjudication process for Customs Auction, Adjudication process under Section 125 of Customs Act, 1962 and Adjudication process for the reexport of the goods.
Action must be taken in terms of directions contained in this public Notice and the same should be considered as ‘Standing Order’ for the purpose of officers and staff.
In case of any difficulty in implementation, the matter may be brought to the notice of Deputy/Asstt. Commissioner of Customs, Disposal Section, NS (G) (Email:[email protected])
Commissioner of Customs (NS-G).
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II, JNCH.
2. The Commissioner of Customs, NS-G/ NS-I/ NS-II /NS-III/ NS-IV /
3. All Additional / Joint Commissioner of Customs, JNCH.
4. All Deputy / Assistant Commissioner of Customs, JNCH.
5. All Sections / Groups of NS-G, NS-I, NS-II / NS-III/ NS-IV / NS-V,JNCH.
6. AC/DC, EDI for uploading on JNCH website immediately.