OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS, NS-II
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA SHEVA
TAL. URAN DIST RAIGAD, MAHARASHTRA –400 707
F.NO. S/12-Gen-Misc- 170/2017-18 DBK/NS-II(JNCH)
PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 127/2017
ADDENDUM TO PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 44/2017
Sub:- Digitization of disbursement of Drawback claims at JNCH, NhavaSheva; Creating electronic database of all drawback claims optional procedure- Reg.
In continuation of Public Notice No. 44/2017 dated 31.03.2017 regarding the procedure for submission of Drawback claim and digitization in the manner as prescribed vide aforesaid Public Notice No. 34/2017 dated 16.03.2017, it is clarified that aforesaid procedure is optional and the Exporters /Importers/person submitting drawback claims have the option to follow alternate procedures as prescribed below:
OPTIONAL / ALTERNATE PROCEDURE
2. In order to maintain proper electronic database of all drawback claims and also to ensure that there is no delay in acknowledgment of drawback claim, it has been decided that the applicant submitting drawback claim can also provide scanned copies of entire drawback claim [including supporting documents furnished along with drawback claim] in single .pdf file (.pdf format) to an officer authorized to receive drawback claim at the time of submission of drawback claim. Name of the .pdf file should be “Amount claimed as drawback (In Nos.)”. The said officer shall immediately copy the said .pdf file and return the storage device to applicant.
3. In order to ensure that there is no delay in the acknowledgment of claim, it is advisable that the applicant submitting drawback claim can submit the drawback claim at following location:
DRAWBACK SECTION : Room No. 404, C-Wing, 4th Floor, JNCH Building, NhavaSheva.
The applicant shall provide scanned copies in .pdf format in some storage devise. However, in case any person has any difficulty in scanning the documents, they may use the scanning facility created for this purpose at Room No. B-601 (6th Floor, B wing), on first come first serve basis.
4. The Drawback section shall maintain the database of all such drawback claims in the following format:
|Sr. No.||Date||Receipt No.||Applicant||GSTIN / IEC No.||Amount||Officer Acknowledging the claim.|
|1||DD/MM/YY||No./DBK/2017 -18||ABC||Acknowledgement No.||Rs.||ABC|
5. The .pdf file provided by application should be inserted as hyperlink to “Receipt no.” field of the aforesaid database. DC/AC in charge of Drawback Section shall ensure that back up of such database is obtained every week and maintained in safe and secure manner, and for that purpose, devise a suitable Standard Operating Procedure.
6. If the applicant wants to submit additional / supplementary information/documents related to the claim, the same shall be presented to the “Person receiving the claim” in the manner similar to above. It is advisable that the applicant seeking submitting additional documents shall provide scanned copies of these additional documents also in single .pdf format in storage devise. The .pdf file provided by applicant should be inserted as hyperlink to “ADD DOC DATED” filed of the aforesaid database. “Person receiving claim” after acknowledgment, will forward the additional documents to the concerned section / officer for further processing immediately.
7. The database being maintained in the aforesaid manner will also be useful to Applicant / Importer / Exporter in case of any missing documents / information as the same can be obtained from Customs. Further, electronic data base will also assist in instant availability of aforesaid information to any section of Commissionerate or any other department / organization.
10. Difficulties, if any, faced in implementation of this Public Notice may be brought to the notice
of the Joint / Additional Commissioner in-charge of “Drawback Section” on Tel. No. 022-27244761, email id: firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. This revised procedure would be effective from 01.11.2017. Action to be taken in terms of decisions taken in this Public Notice should be considered as standing order for the purpose of officers and staff.
Commissioner of Customs (NS-II)