Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
(Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs)
North Block, New Delhi.
10th March, 2021
All Principal Chief Commissioner/Chief Commissioner of Customs/Custom (Preventive),
All Principal Chief Commissioner/Chief Commissioner of Central Tax and Customs,
All Principal Commissioner/Commissioner of Customs /Custom (Preventive),
All Principal Commissioner/Commissioner of Central Tax and Customs.
Subject: – Testing of imported food products at FSSAI notified laboratories-regarding
Attention is invited to Instruction No. 01/2020 dated 12.02.2020 on the above-mentioned subject. Vide this Instruction, it was stated that vide notification dated 09.10.2019, FSSAI had notified Authorised officers at 150 food import Points of Entries (PoEs) under Section 25 read with Section 47 (5) of FSS Act and Regulation 13(1) of FSS (Import) Regulations, 2017.
2. In this regard, it is to state that vide Order dated 26.02.2021 (copy enclosed), FSSAI has partially modified the above-mentioned Notification and has further notified FSSAI officials as Authorised Officers with effect from 10.03.2021 for the jurisdiction of food import entry points mentioned in Annexure I for import food clearance process.
3. It is requested that necessary action may be taken in this regard.
Encl: as above
Under Secretary (Customs-III)
File No. 1-1685/FSSAI/Imports/2017
Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
(A Statutory Authority established under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006)
FDA Bhawan, Kotla Road, New Delhi — 110002
26th February, 2021
In partial modification to FSSAI Notification No. 1-1715/FSSAI/Imports/2017 dated 09.10.2019 (copy attached), the Competent Authority hereby notifies FSSAI officials as Authorised Officers w.e.f. 10th March, 2021 (Wednesday) for the jurisdiction of food import entry points as mentioned–in the Annexure I, for imported food clearance process till further orders in terms of the provisions contained in Section 47 (5) of FSS Act, 2006 and Regulation 13 (1) of FSS (Import) Regulation, 2017.
Email- [email protected]
1. PPS to Chairperson , FSSAI
2. PPS to CEO, FSSAI
3. Executive Director (HR), FSSAI-HQ
4. Executive Director (T&IC/CS), FSSAI-HQ
5. Regional Directors, FSSAI
6. Commissioner (SW), CBIC- For information that w.e.f. 10.03.2021 the entry points mentioned in Annexure I shall be handled by Authorised Officers of FSSAI directly.
7. CITO, FSSAI-HQ (for uploading on the FSSAI Website)