HR Department of Company may consider to issue necessary Temporary Advisory/Directions for its Employees while resuming their operations Post Covid-19
As the Ministry of Home Affairs, in pursuance of its order No. 40-3/2020-DM-I (A) dated 1st May, 2020, has issued new guidelines, effective from 04.05.2020, allowing, subject to the conditions, various activities. In order to be safe and protect others and to contain the spread of Corona Virus Disease (hereinafter referred as “Covid-19”) and to follow the National Directives for Covid-19 management issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs, HR Department of the Company may consider to issue the relevant temporary rules, guidelines, circulars and advisories for their employees/personnel at their office premises. The HR Department may consider the following, in addition to other guidelines/directives issued by the Government or other authorities, guidelines for their employees/personnel and head of the department in respect of same:
1. Employees without Identity Card and Face Mask are not allowed to enter into the premises,
2. Every person entering into the premises is required to undergo the Thermal Scanning/Temperature Check on each entry,
3. It is mandatory to constantly wear face mask inside the office premises,
4. No one is allowed to move out from the office premises during working hours without the written permission of concerned reporting officer,
5. The Social Distancing of not less than 1 meter must be maintained inside the office premises,
6. It is advised to carry and use your own alcohol based sanitizer or else wash your hand regularly at least at the time of entering into the office premises. The proper arrangement for washing of hand is made at specified portion of the building where the office is situated,
7. It is mandatory for everyone to use AAROGYA SETU APP and follow the instructions therein. The security is being instructed to check the mobile if they suspect anything,
8. All Head of the Department are required to ensure that the departmental roster is made and shared with HR Department,
9. The working hours are being extended till 6pm on all days till further notice,
10. The Head of the Department may be also be allowed to provide work from home roster,
11. The biometric attendance punching machine shall be disabled temporarily for finger scanning. Alternate facility like Email Attendance, Punching through Card or Attendance Register may be considered,
12. It is better to avoid providing facility of Tea as precautionary measures to contain the spread of Covid-19,
13. Encourage to bring lunch from Home and to do lunch alone/separately,
14. Make the proper arrangements for awareness of directives issued by the Government and issue the proper instructions to direct the Employees to follow the directives in letter and spirit.
15. Advise not to gather more than four person at a time even for official work,
16. Advise to do the meeting through video conference/app sitting at work stations instead of gathering in meeting hall/room,
17. Advise to avoid Physical/Face to Face Meetings. In case, the face to face meeting is necessary, follow the social distancing norms,
18. No smoking movement are allowed inside or outside the premises,
19. Consumption of Liquor, Paan, Gutka, Tobacco, etc. is not allowed inside or outside the office premises,
20. Provide the list of Hospitals, to employees, in nearby areas authorized for Covid-19 treatment,
21. Make proper arrangement to ensure that the Employees Showing any of symptoms should be sent for check up and related facilities, and
22. Good Hygiene Practice may be encouraged.
Provisions may be made so that any violations of above guidelines shall be considered as misconduct of grave nature so that appropriate disciplinary action may be initiated in respect of same.
The information contained in this article/blog is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. You should not act on the basis of any content included in this article/blog without seeking legal or other professional advice. The contents of this article/blog contain general information and may not reflect current legal developments or address your situation. We disclaim all liability for actions based on any content of this article/blog. The reading of this article/blog does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and me. Any information sent to us via any mode is not secure and will not be treated as confidential.