MINISTRY OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY
(Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade)
New Delhi, the 7th October, 2021
S.O. 4144(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-sections (1) and (2) of section 16 read with sub-section (3) of section 25 of the Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 2016 (11 of 2016) and in supersession of the Flat Transparent Sheet Glass (Quality Control) Order,2020, published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Section 3, Sub-section (ii), vide number S.O.738(E), dated the 14th February, 2020 on the 17th February, 2020, except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the Central Government, after consulting the Bureau of Indian Standards (Bureau) is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do in the public interest, hereby makes the following order, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement. – (1) This Order may be called the Flat Transparent Sheet Glass (Quality Control) Order, 2021.
(2) Save as otherwise provided in this order, it shall come into force from the date of its publication in the official Gazette.
2. Application. – With effect from the 1st April, 2022, this order shall apply to goods or articles specified in column (1) of the Table below, but nothing herein shall apply to said goods or articles meant for export.
3. Conformity to Standard and Compulsory use of Standard Mark. –The goods or articles specified in column (1) of the said Table shall conform to the corresponding Indian Standard mentioned in column (2) thereof and shall bear the Standard Mark under a licence from the Bureau as per Scheme I of Schedule-II of the Bureau of Indian Standards (Conformity Assessment) Regulations, 2018.
4. Certification and Enforcement Authority. –The Bureau shall be the certifying and enforcement authority for the goods or articles specified in the column (1) of the said Table.
|Goods or articles||Indian Standard||Title of Indian Standard|
|Flat Transparent Sheet Glass||IS 2835: 1987||Flat Transparent Sheet Glass– Specification|
Note : For the purpose of this Table, the latest version of Indian Standard including the amendment there of,as notified by the Bureau of Indian Standards from time to time, shall apply from the date as notified by the Bureau.
[F. No. P- 14031/91/2018- CI]
ANIL AGRAWAL, Addl. Secy.