Security Exchange Broad of India
June 23, 2020
1. All Foreign Portfolio Investors (“FPIs”) through their Designated Depository Participants (“DDPs”)/ Custodian of Securities.
2. Designated Depository Participants (“DDPs”)/ Custodian of Securities.
3. All Recognized Stock Exchanges/ Clearing Corporations
4. All recognized Stock Exchanges and Clearing Corporations in International Financial Services Centres
5. The Depositories (NSDL and CDSL)
6. Stock Brokers through Recognized Stock Exchanges
7. Depository Participants through Depositories
8. KYC Registrations Agencies (KRAs)
Dear Sir / Madam,
Subject: Temporary relaxation in processing of documents pertaining to FPIs due to COVID-19
1. SEBI vide Circular No. SEBI/HO/FPI&C/CIR/P/2020/056 dated March 30, 2020 had prescribed temporary relaxation in processing of documents pertaining to FPIs due to COVID-19.
2. In view of the prevailing situation due to COVID-19 pandemic and representations received from various stakeholders, it has been decided that the temporary relaxations shall be extended to August 31, 2020.
3. All other terms and conditions specified in the aforesaid circular dated March 30, 2020 shall remain unchanged.
4. This circular is issued in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 and Sub-rule 14(i) of Rule 9 of the Prevention of Money-laundering (Maintenance of Records) Rules, 2005 to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market.
5. A copy of this circular is available at the web page “Circulars” on our website www.sebi.gov.in
6. DDPs & Custodians are requested to bring the contents of this circular to the notice of their FPI clients.
Tel No.: 022-26449619