PR No. 131/2015
Last date for making an application for grant of registration under SEBI (Research Analysts) Regulations, 2014
1. The SEBI (Research Analysts) Regulations, 2014 (“RA Regulations”) were notified on September 01, 2014 and came into effect from December 01, 2014. Already 42 registrations have been granted under RA Regulations. The RA Regulations are available on the SEBI website www.sebi.gov.in.
2. In terms of the RA Regulations, on and from the commencement of these regulations, no person shall act as a research analyst or research entity or hold itself out as a research analyst unless he has obtained a certificate of registration from the Board or he is specifically exempt. However, any person acting as research analyst or research entity before the commencement of the regulations may continue to do so for a period of six months from such commencement or, if it has made an application for a certificate of registration within the said period of six months, till the disposal of such application.
3. Accordingly, all the persons acting as research analysts or research entity before the commencement of RA Regulations are advised to make an application for grant of registration before May 31, 2015 to continue to do so as specified in RA Regulations. The persons who fails to make an application for grant of registration before May 31, 2015, shall stop acting as research analyst. If any person found to be acting as research analyst after May 31, 2015 without making an application for grant of registration, an appropriate action as deemed fit, under SEBI Act, 1992 may be initiated.
4. The persons seeking registration under RA Regulations may file their registration application with the concerned Regional Office/Local Office of the Board for grant of registration.The addresses of offices of SEBI are available on the website at www.sebi.gov.in and also on the link http://www.sebi.gov.in/sebiweb/stpages/contact_us.jsp
5. All the information pertaining to RA Regulations issued by SEBI from time to time will be made available on the website at www.sebi.gov.in under the section “Info for–Research Analysts”.
Mumbai- Dated- May 14, 2015