Consultation paper for guidelines for public issue of units of Real Estate Investment Trusts
1. To solicit the comments/views from public on suggestions pertaining to Guidelines for public issue of units of Real Estate Investment Trusts (hereinafter “REITs “).
2. SEBI REIT Regulations were notified on 26th September, 2014, thereby providing a regulatory framework for registration and regulation of REITs in India. The Regulations, inter alia, provide that ‘The Board may specify by issue of guidelines or circulars, any other requirements, as it deems fit, pertaining to issue and allotment of units by an REIT.”
3. In line with the aforesaid Regulation, SEBI proposes the draft guidelines for the public issue of units of REITs. Accordingly, it is proposed that all REITs and their Managers shall comply with the following guidelines with respect to public issue of units of the REIT.
4. In order to take into consideration views of various stakeholders, public comments are solicited on the draft guidelines as placed at Annexure-A. Comments may be emailed on or before January 15 , 2016, to REIT@sebi.gov.in or sent by post, to:-
Investment Management Department Securities and Exchange Board of India SEBI Bhavan
Plot No. C4-A, “G” Block,
Bandra Kurla Complex,
Bandra (East), Mumbai – 400 051
5. Comments/ suggestions may be provided in the format given below:
|Name of entity / person / intermediary/ Organization|
|Sr. No.||Clause No.||Suggestions||Rationale|
Issued on: December 31, 2015