Date : Jan 05, 2018
RBI Introduces Rs. 10 banknote in Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series
The Reserve Bank of India will shortly issue Rs. 10 denomination banknotes in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series, bearing signature of Dr. Urjit R. Patel, Governor, Reserve Bank of India. The new denomination has motif of Sun Temple, Konark on the reverse, depicting the country’s cultural heritage. The base colour of the note is Chocolate Brown. The note has other designs, geometric patterns aligning with the overall colour scheme, both at the obverse and reverse.
All the banknotes in the denomination of Rs. 10/- issued by the Reserve Bank in the earlier series will continue to be legal tender.
The image and salient features of Rs. 10 denomination banknote in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series are as under:
ii. Salient Features
1. See through register with denominational numeral 10
2. Denominational numeral १० in Devnagari,
3. Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the centre,
4. Micro letters ‘RBI’, ‘भारत ‘, ‘INDIA’ and ’10’,
5. Windowed demetalised security thread with inscriptions ‘भारत’ and RBI,
6. Guarantee Clause, Governor’s signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right of Mahatma Gandhi portrait,
7. Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right,
8. Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (10) watermarks,
9. Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side.
10. Year of printing of the note on the left,
11. Swachh Bharat logo with slogan,
12. Language panel,
13. Motif of Sun Temple, Konark,
14. Denominational numeral १० in Devnagari.
Dimension of the banknote will be 63 mm x 123 mm.
Jose J. Kattoor
Chief General Manager
Press Release: 2017-2018/1848
Do you think CBDT should extend Tax Audit Report and relevant ITR Due Date? Please Comment, Vote, Retweet and Like.— Tax Guru (@taxguru_in) September 18, 2018