Section(s) Referred: 121 ,121(1)
Statute: INCOME TAX
Date of Issue: 19/6/1971
In partial modification of Board’s Notification No. 87 dated 29th May, 1970, and in exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of section 121 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Board of Direct Taxes hereby directs that the Commissioners of Income-tax will perform the functions specified in the Annexure.
This notification shall take effect from 21st June, 1971.
Statutory Technical Functions :
1. Revisionary powers under sections 263 and 264 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (not under sections 33A and 33B of the Income-tax Act, 1922).
2. Jurisdiction proposals and other matters pertaining to Appellate Assistant Commissioners.
3. All work relating to second appeals before the Income-tax Appellate Tribunal, references and writ petitions before High Courts and Supreme Court and any other proceedings before these authorities except prosecution proceedings and tax recovery proceedings.
4. Matters pertaining to Income-tax Officers (Judicial) Authorised Representatives and Standing Counsel.
5. All work relating to internal and revenue audit in the Income-tax Department and matters pertaining to Inspecting Assistant Commissioners of Income-tax (Audit) and Chief Auditors